Thread: 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A lot of people would die, I said last year. Then Covid. But the saddest thing was Glenn Fredly. The secret he had, how he kept it to himself, just like my brother before he passed away. I was actually in tears when I read the news. That was a sad day.

I will need to pass all my exams and complete my PM certification by 2021.

2020 has definitely been the toughest year for me.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Dunno. I dreamed about an old friend a couple of months ago. I found out today that he has had a heart attack, a couple of months ago. Creepy? Not anymore. Sometimes I feel like I need to embrace it or do something about it. Yes I dreamed about those airplanes before the crashes but, what was I supposed to do? They could not be stopped. I don't know. Once I asked hubby to move from the spot where he was standing under a tree then a few minutes later a big branch fell of the tree and hit that spot. Years ago, when in Egypt, I asked him just to put a few notes in his wallet and keep the rest in his body wallet. Then that day he was mugged by a man who pretended to be a tour guide. He only had to give up a few dollars before we luckily managed to grab a taxi to get us out of this so-called tourist attraction.

Too many, too often.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

People celebrating the new year while I didn't see anything new this year. An anticlimax. It's day after day, not year after year. Just because it's a new year doesn't mean you'll skip a day or two. The new year's day is just the next day but how much hope they put into the new year is mind-boggling. How easy they say goodbye to the yesterday without thinking that whatever they did or didn't do yesterday would change their today and tomorrow. How happy they embrace the new year without thinking that it is a year closer to the end of their day.

Sometimes it's like seeing them walking with a euphoria of sprinting. I look at them the next day, in the new year, yep, still doing the same old ****.

A 17-year-old teen was driving a stolen 4WD when he ran a red light, hit a truck and rolled through the intersection, hitting a 37-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman, who was understood to be six months pregnant, as they tried to cross the road with their dog.

The couple where killed instantly.

Sometimes I wonder why there are more and more idiots out there killing innocent people. Are they working for Azrael? Was it Azrael himself in human shape, having fun with a stolen car, before taking on his duty?

One minute they were holding each other's arm, enjoying and loving their life as a couple, in one beautiful sunny day. The next minute they were gone. Someone switched off their lights, just like that.

How short life can be, we are always reminded of, and yet we keep forgetting.