Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016

It's going to be a beautiful year. Love is in the air, making love, spreading love, feeling the love. Ahh.. Nothing but love.

It has been 3 days and nothing upsets me.

Back into cycling, feeling a bit sore but glad to find the bikeway to work today. Going back to the gym in between and having smoothies in the morning instead of cup of tea or jumbo coffee.

I miss the old me and I want to go back to it.
    Last edited by mbok jamu; 03-01-2016 at 12:38 PM.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Ahh.. Jogging again but back to square one, just 2K. The biggest achievement, apart from smaller cup of coffee, I did not get angry at anyone at work today. It was close but I managed to avoid it. A pat on the back.

But what surprised me the most, a compliment from other team. They called me a Godsent! Wow.. I didn't expect that at all, almost choked on my coffee. I'm just glad that I managed to do all my job. Another pat on the back.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

So I liked it, I liked it a lot. The moment I saw it, it was like love at first sight. It was all black, it looked so cool.

Maybe this year's birthday present to myself?

Ok, let's share some love. A quick English lesson for my lovely readers.

I.e. and e.g.

These two abbreviations are commonly confused, and many people use them interchangeably. However, their uses are very different.

The rules:

• I.e. means “that is” or “in other words”. It comes from the Latin words “id est”.
    • E.g. means “for example”. It comes from the Latin words “exempli gratia”.
    • Only use “i.e.” and “e.g.” when writing informally. In formal documents, such as essays, it is better to write out the meanings (“for example” or “that is”).

How not to do it:

• He liked many different cheeses, i.e. cheddar, camembert and brie.
    • He objects to the changes – e.g. he won’t be accepting them.

How to do it properly:

• He liked many different cheeses, e.g. cheddar, camembert and brie.
    • He objects to the changes – i.e. he won’t be accepting them.

My boss once said "e.g." stands for "example given". I promptly ngakak guling-guling in my head.

btw, that road bike? AWESOME!

Enough with the study tonight, tired, brain dead.

They asked me to stay, - i.e. they wanted me to not to take the redundancy in April. Is it that bad that you want to go, they asked. I just smiled, didn't say a word. Then a few weeks later, as expected, they played that game. Maybe we want you, they said. I just laughed.

[MENTION=26]nerve_gas[/MENTION]
    Avanti Corsa SL (Super Light), carbon, it's 6.48kg for size 56.5 without pedals or cages, easy to ride up hills. Just found a used one for sale, a year old for $1750. I need to earn it by getting fit first.

size 56? how tall are you [MENTION=1220]mbok jamu[/MENTION]?

Not that tall @nerve_gas That's the spec of the one for sale. But to have a bike as pricey (new around $2500) I will need to earn it. I'm just wee, size 44 - 46 will do me.
    Last edited by mbok jamu; 08-01-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Managed 2.5k in 30 minutes and lost 0.8kg this week.

Most importantly, made hubby enjoying his smoothie as well.

How to make the perfect smoothie

Getting your ratios right

Start your smoothie with two mugs full of a liquid base. This can be milk, or a dairy-free alternative such as soya or almond milk, natural or flavoured yogurt, fruit juice, or for a tropical flavoured smoothie, low-fat coconut milk or coconut water. It's important to add the liquid to your blender before adding the fruit as this will prevent the blade from getting damaged.

Next add about three quarters of a mug of your chosen fruit. Banana is a great base flavour for any smoothie, and will give you a lovely creamy texture. Other fruits that work well are berries, mango, peaches, plums, nectarines, grated apple or pear, and melon. You may have to add more fruit or liquid, depending on the type of fruit you choose. Play around until you have a texture you like. Add a squeeze of honey, maple syrup or agave syrup if your smoothie needs it and finally add a few ice cubes to the blender for a thick and frosty smoothie.

Freeze your fruit

If you want to make smoothies regularly, it's a great idea to stash some fruit in the freezer. Not only will they retain their nutritional value and flavour, they will instantly chill your smoothie, so no need to add ice. Before your bananas have a chance to turn brown in the fruit bowl, peel and slice them, then freeze on a sheet of baking parchment on a tray until solid. You can then store in sandwich bags and throw into your blender whenever you need them. Even fruits that don't usually freeze well, like strawberries and melon, are ok to freeze if you're using them in a smoothie. Most supermarkets now sell frozen smoothie packs, which are often great value and give you a good mixture of fruit.

Get creative

Once you've mastered the basics, try adding different flavours to your basic recipe. Add a spoonful of cocoa powder, cinnamon, grated nutmeg or vanilla essence before blending, or give your smoothie some texture with a sprinkle of flaxseeds, toasted chopped nuts or whole oats. Not only will it taste great but it will keep you fuller for longer too.

Bump up the goodness

If you haven't tried a smoothie made from a mixture of fruit and vegetables before, you may be surprised by the flavour. The sweetness of fruit blends well with lots of vegetables and makes for a delicious and super-nutritious drink. Try making a green detox smoothie with coconut water, grated apple, kiwi, banana and spinach. Other vegetables which work well are grated beetroot or carrot, kale, tomatoes and avocados.

If you're having a smoothie for breakfast or lunch, make it a more rounded meal by adding some protein. A spoonful of protein powder, peanut or other nut butter, or some tofu will blend well with your smoothie and give you an essential protein boost. Contrary to what you may have seen in Rocky, raw eggs are not a good option as we absorb the protein in eggs much better when they are cooked.

Source: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com

Tofu in smoothie? What's wrong with fried tofu with cengek?

Feeling good. Jogged 3K in 30 minutes with incline 1.0

It's time to combine some booty-toning hills with some calorie-torching cardio to work your backside. Working the incline on the treadmill targets your hamstring and glutes! This calorie-torching workout combines bursts of running with quick hilly walking as you play with speed and incline. It moves so quickly that there is no chance for you to get bored.

So I have been doing it wrong. I wash my hair too often and don't brush it often enough. It should be the other way round, brushing everyday and washing every 3 days. But I am not brushing-hair type. I like to wash and just leave it to dry, the curlier the better. Sigh. It's just hard to be a woman, too much perintilan!

what's your hair problem, mbok?
    Popo Nest

My hair problem? I'm too lazy to look after it.

Ok, I don't like washing my hair. I really don't.

I don't like to shower either.

There, I said it.

I am a hippy.
    Last edited by mbok jamu; 28-01-2016 at 03:54 PM.

O my God, I feel so exhausted. So much to do, so don't want to study nor work anymore. I just wanna go on holidays, can't wait for March. Only 2 assignments to go then it will all be completed. I've learnt a lot on how to open a business and become a business consultant. I am just not sure if I want to do it yet. I dunno, so much to think about. Yawn. Bed time.

Last one to go. Auditing. Yawn. I got so bored I decided to make Gulai Ikan Taoco. Suddenly I felt so alive! It was like being recharged after eating others cooking. I guess I missed my own. I missed spending time in my kitchen, cooking, baking, making ice cream, experimenting with flavours. Not long until I complete it then off to Indonesia. Woohoo.

So I can be scary ya..

I can make people shaking or too scared to ask questions. Then someone told them that I was actually very nice, that they just had to know how to crack my external wall.

It made me laugh. It made my day.

Almost a month since I started it. Loving the booty-toning hills with calorie-torching cardio workout. It made me sweat a lot and feel good afterwards. I think I have lost weight as well. The most important thing is I'm back to my routine, exercising almost every day; at the gym five days a week and cycling every Sunday. Some said I looked toned. Exercise definitely can empower you to live a better life.

Exercising gives you a sense of accomplishment, and can trigger changes in your overall mental state to help you focus, relax, cope and otherwise gain better control of your life.

Man I'm good at what I do. The systems are looking more and more interesting to me. I should have studied IT instead, more codes less human. Seriously, how could not they see that wrong config? When the string was tangled, the system got confused. Can't wait to fix it tomorrow so others can tell that ****** to kiss her own black ass.

Bandung, I'm coming

Those born on June 24 are often completely taken up with their vocation, art or business concerns. The more highly evolved individuals born on this day devote themselves to creative, positive projects, the less highly evolved contribute their energies to undertakings with a decidedly negative or destructive cast. Both are equally involved, particularly in a technical sense, since June 24 people develop their own particular approach to their activities down to the last detail. Technique for these individuals is not so much an objective study which can be learned by everyone, but rather a highly personal set of tools which allow them to express themselves unhindered and master what they do.

June 24 people have what could be described as religious fervor for their principal activity. They strive for self-discipline and are capable of tremendous feats of concentration. They value a flowing, natural, spontaneous, somewhat improvised work method, but one backed by iron-clad technical skills. Even amoral June 24 people come to be aware that their work holds great potential for both good and bad ends. Those born on this day often encounter severe mid-life crisis in their early forties concerning their ethics.

Above all, June 24 people want to be left alone to do what they love most, and therefore their family and friends must be highly understanding of the strict privacy they need for their work. Occasionally those born on this day venture out to perform on a high level in the world, but usually do their most important work in the confines of their safe, and often secret, home base. Those June 24 people who work in offices or primarily out in society usually value their home life more than their work, and reserve the larger part of their energies for personal interests.

I did not normally believe this sort of thing, but I was planning to work from home, in my own space, where I can lock myself in while experimenting with my cooking, then I found this writing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast