Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015

hoo...cinnamon...never seen that flavor before
    wonder how it taste would be
    I would love coconut, jackfruit and maybe avocado
    seen one of famous chef in Masterchef Australia use this fruit to make his ice cream
    Popo Nest

damn!!! those pizza pictures !!!!
    i am having a GERD and cannot eat anything too spicy, too sour, too sweet, too hot, too cold, etc etc etc.

and i'm craving for pizza
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego

I love coffee, I love cream. So when I finally made Coffee Ice Cream, man, I just can't stop eating it. OMG, this is way too dangerous for my hip! But it was so good. The customers love it too. The orders are already in for next weekend. Oh no, I got homework as well. Darn. I'm so obsessed with this ice cream thing. So much fun! Ok, I better do some study now.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Too late to study *sigh

"Why it gets hard to learn as we get older? Older folks have more data on their hard drives than younger folk. Much like a hard drive that is 90% full. Read write access takes longer. The question now is, how do we clean and reorganize the disk so it works more efficiently."
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

to clean and reorganize the disk, you need to study hard
    no have "too late" for study

*dimarahin ga_genah

Lebaran sebentar lagi. I'm going to mudik!

And Mami is gonna come with me. Alhamdulillah, she got her visa without any problem whatsoever. Tuhan sayang banget sama aku. *feeling blessed

Absolutely knackered. Work, study, work, partyyy... Got to catch up with some sleep. Saturday afternoon sounds like a plan. But I'm not used to having a nap anymore. Sigh. Ok, perhaps I can finish a bit early tonight. Sometimes 24hrs are just not enough.

Guru Cacat Pemberi Semangat, what an inspiring episode of Kick Andy. And no, I don't think they are disabled coz they don't have any disabilities, in fact they do more than most abled people. Disabled people are those who are not able to help themselves with what they have.

These gifted people are even able to help others and inspiring more Indonesians to be like them. My kind of heroes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OwrDKo5tFKA

don't too make anything complex

disabled people just the people that in not normal condition like normal people in physically only, in relation about inspiring, that's the other thing, not related to disabled definition

gomen nasai before soalnya my english always belepotan
    CURE SUNSHINE WA KAKKOSUGIRU.

Disabled means that their ability to do something has been removed. These poeple have proved they still have the ability therefore they are not disabled.

Despite their physical impairment they don't give up. That's what I call inspiring.

Gordon Ramsay's Top Tips for Starting a Restaurant

Every man and his dog seems to want to set up a restaurant these days. The dream? A cosy little place filled with adoring customers, a team of passionate staff and a full cash register. Sound familiar? Then it's time for a reality check. As Gordon Ramsay says, "two thirds of restaurants don't survive past their first birthday."
    There are long hours, grumpy customers, financial demands and all sorts of other issues. Still want to do it? Then we've got some tips for you - Chef Ramsay-style.

1. Don't be arrogant

Ramsay: "A lot of people open restaurants out of vanity, people who can't even boil an egg. That's like me buying a rugby club because I like the game. One of my biggest bugbears is that you don't need any qualifications to do it. People fall in love with an idea and don't want to learn their craft, which takes years - time and commitment."
    Sure you're still up for it? Ok then...

2. Have you done your homework?

Ramsay: "The secret of a good local restaurant is knowing your customers and catering for them. Do your research."
    Does the area need an expensive fine dining restaurant, or would it be more comfortable with a homely baked potato place? Make sure you know the area, check out the competition and work out what their strengths and weaknesses are. What will make yours stand out from the rest?

3. Choose the right chef

Ramsay: "A restaurant owner's best investment will always be in the chef, and if you haven't got that major asset in the kitchen downstairs, then forget it. The guy's got to be a motivator, be a leader, make you money. He's got to bring customers back."
    Make sure your chef is up to the job. Are they a cocky young upstart who doesn't know if they're cooking pork or beef, or a well-seasoned chef with vision and drive?

4. Who's in charge?

Ramsay: "You've got to trust the brigade that you're paying, and secondly bring them on, evolve them. Make them talented. Keeping hold of them, motivating them."
    If you're the owner then the responsibility ultimately lies with you. You need to know what's happening in every area of your business from the kitchen to front of house. Don't be a control freak though; your staff's opinions are valid too.

5. Communication and teamwork

Ramsay: "Key to any successful restaurant is regular communication between management and the head chef."
    But it doesn't stop there, all the staff have to be communicating well with each other and working as a team. Let's not forget the customers either, make sure you're listening to them too. At the end of the day they're paying your wages.

6. The menu

Ramsay: "The more dishes, the lower the standard."
    Long menus lead to confusion for everyone. They can have chefs running round like headless chickens, customers waiting or walking out, and all sorts of undesirable items going off at the back of the fridge. Start with a simple menu concentrating on quality produce cooked well and you're on to a winner. Your chefs will be more efficient, the diners will be happy and there shouldn't be much wastage.

7. Quality control

Ramsay: "Mistakes stay in the kitchen."
    Ensuring quality and consistency in the kitchen is essential for a successful restaurant. Even if service is busy, it's not an excuse for sloppy plates of food leaving the kitchen. If it's not good enough, don't serve it - it could ruin your reputation.

8. Keep it clean and organised

Ramsay: "The cardinal rule of cooking: your kitchen must be clean, and by clean I mean spotless!"
    There's nothing worse than an unhygienic restaurant, and your customers won't like it much either if they end up with food poisoning. Make sure all your staff have the right hygiene certificates and set up a decent cleaning rota. Get to know your local environmental health officer - they'd rather help you than close you down.

9. Be flexible

Ramsay: "In my own business I'm very aware that you have to react instantly to changing trading conditions: cutting down on overheads, reducing costs, tapering menus, you have to react straightaway, not wait. In today's climate we're producing figures weekly, not monthly, you have to be on top of what's happening."
    If something isn't working, swallow your pride and change it. Flexibility is fundamental to any successful business, so try not to be too pig-headed. It might be your baby, but that doesn't mean the customers will love it as much as you do.

10. Don't give up

Ramsay: "One thing I need to see is the fight, the determination and the grit."
    When things get tough, it's hard to keep sight of your original dream, but if you work as a team, serve food you believe in and don't delude yourself about how things really are, you're in for a better chance.

Source: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/r...hen-nightmares

i got GERD, 2 weeks and counting.
    it's terrible. i cannot eat foods that i love... pizza, nasi padang, indomie, dendeng balado
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego

Hi [MENTION=922]Shaka_RDR[/MENTION]

I'm sorry to hear that, I really hope you get well soon.

Are you in medication at the moment? Did the doctor put you in a special diet?

Finally made my own Roti Manis or what the posh people call Brioche. They were light and puffy, out of the oven the taste was just amazing.

Never thought I could make bread, always believed it was tricky. Well.. it needed a lot of patience and was therapeutic. But uhm.. I need to think about this culinary business again as I don't want to do it just because every man and his dog wants to set up a restaurant these days. Do I really want to do it? Will I be very good at it? This little voice in my head keeps telling me I could do more. What if I combine all the ideas together? Wow..

The Australians must be one of the loneliest people in the world coz they just can't shut up. The more I listen to their pathetic lives the luckier I feel for having a husband, family and friends that I could talk to. And of course those things that keep me busy and my mind going. I don't understand why they think they got to talk about their weekends or where they went for dinner to everyone at work or how many bottles of cheap wine they could buy themselves. Can't wait to get out of here.

what happened with Australians mbok? i have friends from Australia and they're all ok.
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego

shaka: mbok was just being cranky

lol, i know.
    i am being [overly] cranky too lately... and i got GERD because of it.
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego

Watching Kingsman made me miss living back in the UK. I miss the snow, the cold weather, the sense of history, the humour, BBC, M&S, how easy it was to travel to Europe, watching Wimbledon in the daylight, the chocolate, the lamb, the milk coz they are better, even the tap water coz it tastes better!

It was a long time ago when I saw snow for the first time. I was at Schiphol, traveling by myself. It was early in the morning, I looked out through the window and suddenly saw some flakes falling from the sky. It took me few seconds to realise that I was watching snow falling. It was so beautiful. I felt excited and kampungan at the same time!

Happy days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast