Thread: forgotten words

forgotten words

do you have a word that you KNOW you know the meaning, but for some reason, you keep forgetting what it is called?

i was just typing an entry earlier, and i knew i wanted to say this, and i knew the meaning, and I had a vague idea on how it sounds like, but i just couldn't come up with it! thanks to google and another minute of pondering.. i found it, and that's

quintessential !!!

almost every single time i wanted to use the word, i had to look it up. AND, i would always start the search with consequential. lol

what about yours?

yep, every single time!
    Like right now, I forgot the words!

"Help" is the word that we never forget.. Even a baby can speak "help"...
    Barangsawijine purwo marang kawitan, Bandar sejatining wujud. Yuk lakone.. BUTHO CAKIL sido NGEMUTTT PEN.....THUNG!!

hey, we are talking about forgotten words here.. lol..

Wonder if you can help me with this one particular word.......

It has the meaning of postponing things you have to do by wasting time on trivial matter like walking around the house or sweeping the floor when your deadline's near.....

I think it's something sounded like reconnoitering or connoisseur?? my brain keeps forgetting it, and it happens like a hundred times already
    A kid at heart

^procrastination ?

mine is simple.... it happened when i lived in singapore, when i was about to order a fried rice, i asked the waiter "i don't want a scrambled egg and also not an omelet. can you make .... errr.... errr.... *turning to my friends : what is "telor ceplok" aka "Telor mata sapi" in english ? * *turning back to waiter* forget it, omelet is okay".

after 3 hours of googling, we found out that "telor ceplok" = "sunny side up egg"
    and the thing is : i KNEW that word before i moved to singapore and i forgot it in a crucial moment
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego

yes, that's the word, man.

well...the funny things about our brain and memories
    so now you'll never forget 'sunny side up' thanks to that particular incident.
    A kid at heart

^
    i used to forget that word too...
    i kept it messed up with abstinence (meaning = no s*x for a period of time )
    until i read Ph.D (Piled higher and deeper) comics and they're using a lot of "procrastination" word there

PS : a few weeks after i realized what "procrastination" is, i messed it up with : pro-castration
    Last edited by Shaka_RDR; 09-04-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego