PDA

View Full Version : need to improve my English in 1 week... -_-

N-K_Person
09-04-2011, 01:05 AM
hey guys, help me. I'm gonna have a phone interview for a job in Bosch Singapore next week. And I just found out that my English is pretty bad right now because normally I don't talk in English, but in German.

can someone help me on this please? :D

ndugu
09-04-2011, 05:51 AM
just say i speak no english. but little little can laah :cengir:

Nowitzki
15-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey, it's nearly a week, how's going on?

N-K_Person
19-04-2011, 07:32 AM
ah,, I didn't realize someone replied on this thread :P

I think the interview went well.. actually I was nervous the night before the day.. fortunately one of my friend calls me and comfort me.. just before the interviewer called me, I took a bath and drink warm water with sugar (I don't like warm or cold water.. it should taste something). I didn't have enough time to prepare my knowledge of my skills, but the interviewer didn't ask me about those things.. he just asked about my personality, future plan, etc.

But it was the first round.. there will be the second and third round. He will contact me for the result in the next 2 weeks.

jojox
19-04-2011, 12:56 PM
i see, thats normal, the first interview tends to be short and brief, consisting of very broad topics and general profiling. Really, it is supposed to be more of pre-scanning process.
nevertheless, I'd say prep as much ammo as you can, get your materials (cv,transcrips,notes,etc) at hand. My tip is to do that in front of a mirror, somewhere quiet and calm, sit tight, make urself thinking like this is a real situation with two-ways conversation, so make the best of ur setting very conducive and comfy for serious talks. Then, practice to speak slower but firm. This improves articulacy and stimulates your verbal vowels to find great pace that produces high clarity and overcoming non-verbal communication barriers. Better make sentences short, concise and clear. In fact, make them asking lots of questions and guide them to your points by points. Long ass-one-way-monologue is dead on boring, seriously. das geht gar nix. :D

viel glück NKP,

Nowitzki
19-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I think your English is good enough for an interview. :D

Relax, dude. A perfect preparation will do no good if you are not relaxed during the interview session.
So, Goodluck for your next round :)

thedumbie
21-08-2011, 11:54 PM
tell em 'we speak no americano, but indo'. -_-

err guess i didnt help much eh?

EndlessDeath
22-08-2011, 01:30 AM
For Bosch? Why don't u just use german then?
Won't it j ust adds to your value for the spore branch interviewer?

Well, written english is a lot easier afterall, so no. Wonder speaking, .esp. Interview can be so nerve wracking