PDA

View Full Version : [Tanya] What I Learnt Today

mbok jamu
29-10-2012, 07:40 PM
I missed Matchbox 20 Concert. ::arg!::

When I think less, I do more. The hardest thing is the thinking not the doing.

If the world was tilted one degree more either way, the planet would not be habitable because the area around the equator would be too hot and the poles would be too cold.

Ronggolawe
29-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I learnt that even after you drive your bike care
fully on the far left side, a sudden act of a bus
passenger opening it's back door could cause
you an accident...

da-mned, I hurt my left feet...

Kaine
29-10-2012, 08:07 PM
In Italy, a family in need of Grandparents can adopt the elderly

http://www.italymag.co.uk/italy/milano/adopting-elderly-milan

Alethia
29-10-2012, 11:21 PM
i learnt that a drop of wine could erased the lonesome. somehow

kandalf
30-10-2012, 10:59 AM
I learnt that Mampang is very crowded in the last two days. From Duren Tiga junction to Tendean junction, a Kopaja bus could spend one hour.

mbok jamu
30-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I learnt that even after you drive your bike care
fully on the far left side, a sudden act of a bus
passenger opening it's back door could cause
you an accident...

da-mned, I hurt my left feet...

Poor you. :(

Were you riding a motorbike or bicycle? I always got confused when people just said "bike".

Ronggolawe
30-10-2012, 02:18 PM
it's a motorbike, mbok....

mbok jamu
31-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I learnt today that I have been eating well according to the Dukan Diet. I guess I just need more exercise after my baking.

Neptunus
31-10-2012, 07:32 PM
i learnt that the worst way to wake up is by mosquitos fogging X_X

Alethia
31-10-2012, 09:57 PM
when i don't have many choices in life, i do anything i could, even for other people it is not enough.

bradon heat
31-10-2012, 09:57 PM
in this life, nothing is free ...

register, subscribe & purchase everywhere ::arg!::::arg!::

cha_n
31-10-2012, 10:06 PM
never expect everyone will satisfy with what you do, just do the best

Kaine
31-10-2012, 10:18 PM
i learnt that the worst way to wake up is by mosquitos fogging X_XThank God my family still use the bucket of cold-water trick..

bradon heat
31-10-2012, 10:19 PM
bucket of cold-water trick..

that's for the ant ?? :tanya:

Kaine
31-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I was wondering the same, but then again it's always too late.

Nharura
31-10-2012, 11:29 PM
sincerity,
such selfless sacrifice
as sincere
even in the lowly people, keep moving forward to the front
although in verbal, remained steadfast with a smile

extremely difficult to study the sincerity
if not sincere
and Ikhlas

mbok jamu
05-11-2012, 07:10 PM
The house warming went well. I never thought I would have such a busy day and enjoy having a party. Invite everyone; those who do not like your company will make up excuses not to come, which is perfect for me.

kandalf
05-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I learnt that we had right to deny treatment in hospital.
I learnt that we could chose to went out from in-treatment as we wished

Nowitzki
05-11-2012, 07:37 PM
learning to ignore someone that sits next to u is obviously difficult, but i get used to it.

Alethia
05-11-2012, 09:33 PM
No matter how strong i deny, the silent won't stop telling me the truth, so i put on my blues and start to rock and roll. Ayee

mbok jamu
09-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I learnt today that I could never like a particular race; I just can't trust them. Helping each other is one thing, but taking credits for someone else's work is another thing. It is pure evil. So I asked God to teach her a lesson and He listened. She thought my calculations were wrong, so she decided to fix them all. But then the employees got upset and the Union thought her calculations were wrong. Well, since she claimed that she has fixed them she has to answer all their questions now. Ha ha..

Never had such issue working with Europeans or Chinese. Dunno about Indonesians, never worked with them before. I surely hope not. I'm a bit worried now should he get that job offer in Jakarta.

mbok jamu
14-11-2012, 05:55 PM
It's time for a career change. This morning I woke up, opened the curtains, and suddenly took a big sigh thinking that it would just be another day.
I felt so bad, I felt so ungrateful. Why should I waste my life away? My job does not excite me anymore, I know it so well. I need a new challenge, I want to meet more people and perhaps run my own business one day. I just hope it's not too late.

RAP
14-11-2012, 07:39 PM
When the bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use tgem to make you better
Be brave even you're not pretend to be
No one can tell the difference
Count your blessings not your troubles

---------- Post Merged at 07:39 PM ----------

When the bad times come, you can let them make you bitter or use tgem to make you better
Be brave even you're not pretend to be
No one can tell the difference
Count your blessings not your troubles

heihachiro
14-11-2012, 11:09 PM
I learnt that Adam Young's face is a wee bit similar with Lionel Messi ;))

mbok jamu
22-11-2012, 07:59 AM
^ You're right, they could be brothers. ::hihi::

I learnt today that my headache is work and stress related. I really can't be bothered to go to work, it's almost 11 o'clock I am still here, at home in my pj. There is a job vacancy somewhere, should I apply for it? Should I get my CV ready now?? It has been a while since my last job interview, I feel nervous already.

ga_genah
07-12-2012, 06:55 PM
my English is very bad

Alethia
07-12-2012, 07:09 PM
i learnt that the morning sun could not rise me up.
Im no Josh Groban indeed :D
But I keep on walking
I only know, even this, such a rumble of heart
Once touched by Thee, O God

Asikkk
eh Ameen
:D

mbok jamu
30-01-2013, 06:04 PM
It's so hard to be ikhlas. I have to take a deep breath every time I realise that Papi will not be there anymore. He loved being home waiting for all his kids to come then hugging them with tears in his eyes. But there were also times when Papi was so distant, perhaps he missed Kakek and his friends who had been long gone. He would then see them waving at him. He is in much better place now, reunited with Kakek and Nenek again.

Shaka_RDR
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I learn that life isn't fair. even though i always treat people the same way i want to be treated, usually they'll just take it for granted and never treat me back in the same way.

mbok jamu
10-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Com'on, Shaka. It can't be that bad. :) Those people probably just don't know how to treat others. I got no kids and could have easily thought that life has been unfair but hey, life is what you make of it, or what you choose not to make of it. Be resilient and don't let them change the way you see life.

Shaka_RDR
11-02-2013, 03:33 PM
it is THAT bad mbok.
just for example -not actually happened, but it's almost the same in essence- : when they don't have any money i am willingly to lend mine thinking that though i have my own needs they are all tertiary needs and not urgent. but when i only need SMALL CHANGE 2000 rupiahs to pay for parking fee (i only have 50k and 100k at that time), NOBODY lend it to me even though i ask and they were suspicious that i want to steal that money from them.

can't say it out loud, but yeah... life's sucks.

i am just a genie in a bottle for them.

mbok jamu
11-02-2013, 07:42 PM
OK, that sucks.

But dude.., you should have known better. Don't ever lend money to anyone. If you care about them, just give them the money. If you don't, tell them to pi$$ off and leave you in peace.

Don't let it overcome you, learn from your mistake and move on.

jojox
12-02-2013, 03:14 AM
yeah well, i also learned that lending money isn't always good at moral ethics to some extent.
Sure, we wanted to help and made us feel good too by doing so. But by the time we need the money and it aint there, that is just wrong.
Especially when it involves larger bills of our own blood and sweat. Quite bizarre that good deed backfires sometimes. :ngopi:

mbok jamu
12-02-2013, 09:57 AM
One day I learnt that it is not being kind but passing on the kindness to other people. When you think you are being kind to others, most likely you will expect the same in return. However if you think you just pass it on, you will let it go, never think of anything in return. Not even a praise.

jojox
12-02-2013, 04:17 PM
True, the other thing I learned that when we do random kindness unconditionally, it'd start to move good things to happen or to certain direction.
Some says that means investing in people rather in gold, stocks or blue chips. So that when all things fade away, we'd eventually rely on people, good people.

cha_n
12-02-2013, 05:33 PM
every time i learn some thing i realize that my knowledge is nothing

mbok jamu
13-04-2013, 10:01 AM
A sibling just got married, moved to north and never told me until last night, on Facebook. Why bother?

If you think people will judge you because you like to judge others, then don't bother. Keep it to yourself coz who really cares anyway? Who really cares about others? If something bad happen to you, they will say kasihan and then they will move on. If something good happen to you, their world will keep revolving too.

Weird.

Alethia
13-04-2013, 10:15 AM
This morning, i learnt that the whole world are telling me lie about happiness, it is not in your lover's eyes or in the face of your children.
Its simply in the cup of coffee, left on my table, hot and untouched.

God Bless chickpea!

Bi4rain
14-04-2013, 02:43 AM
^sounds like my kind of happiness.

I learned, or realized, that people who hold moral values as mine are getting smaller in population.
I don't believe *** before marriage but apparently the whole world shows me that it's something normal, probably as normal as bickering between kids.
That.....sucks.
I'd be happier if they satisfy themselves with their truest Fbuddy..........mr.right hand ::doh::::ngakak2::

mbok jamu
14-04-2013, 07:43 PM
@Bi4rain

Look at the bright side, you are different, unique! Like an antique you are desirable because of its rarity.:luck:

Alethia
15-04-2013, 09:37 AM
No matter how hard you try to get rid of your fear, it will constantly be your best buddy.

Hai_Lee
15-04-2013, 02:58 PM
You have the choice to make yourself happy. Stop living in a delusion that someone will find that happiness for you.

Bogar
18-04-2013, 10:52 PM
i just realized that....

I can be a joking jerk if I choose to stay.

Oh well who cares..

Just what I need.. hahaha..:ngopi:

Shaka_RDR
06-05-2013, 11:16 PM
See ? i was right after all.
Some people are just.... beyond hope. I do my best for them, sharing my knowledge, acting as their representative, etc but they won't even tell me where the hell they bought a book !!!!
damn it !!! i am NOT asking them to buy me the book !!! i'm just asking them where they bought the book so i can go there and buy for myself and other students !!!
damn! damn! damn!

well... i am re-learning an old lesson from my ex-trainer "This is Indonesia!!! What do you expect???"

mbok jamu
07-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I feel for you, Shaka. But mind you, once somebody told me that to get the right answer you gotta ask the right question. To those beyond hope people, you gotta ask beyond hope kinda question. ;D

mbok jamu
21-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Women age quicker (than men) coz they put themselves under too much pressure by claiming themselves "multi-tasking". Where on earth did they get that idea from anyway? Working themselves into total exhaustion and feeling proud of it? Really?

serendipity
22-05-2013, 04:58 PM
I may never have realized how interconnected we all are & how easy it's to brighten someone else’s life, just with a few words of reassurance. Today, I can say that Metro Mini and transjakarta have given me trust and faith in the goodness of humanity.

Yuki
22-05-2013, 06:49 PM
on this day suddenly my senior teacher tell me to handle class X english lesson

I have no option, if I refuse I will gonna lose the job, the PKn teacher will be handle by other teacher

in my deepest heart I wondering my ability to teach english....because my title is japanese language......but as indonesian people say: "gimana ntar sajalah.....dicoba saja dulu...." so I will try my best

Shaka_RDR
23-05-2013, 10:57 AM
^
Que sera sera ;D
lol... happened a lot to me.

Last night i learnt that everybody sure have their own specialization. just in 30 minutes in a mass online debate i can see their knowledge, preparation skill, time management, presentation skill and crisis management skill.
how do i harness those skills ? this is a question i should answer myself if i want to achieve higher position in management.

purpose
23-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I never thought talking to a stranger will be this much relieving. i know stranger would never judge my story. they just sit and listen

mbok jamu
30-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Today I'm 41, Papi. This year is the first year we don't celebrate our birthdays together. Missing you.

tuscany
30-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Women age quicker (than men) coz they put themselves under too much pressure by claiming themselves "multi-tasking". Where on earth did they get that idea from anyway? Working themselves into total exhaustion and feeling proud of it? Really?

Indeed, mbok :D *tos

Zhazha
30-06-2013, 04:02 PM
it's always fol the palent's intelest to get good nap, not the child... and today I cost them a full bottle of body lotion while they wele sleeping :)

mbok jamu
12-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Just learnt today that my brother has to go under chemo. It's hard to type that c word, it's hard when it happens to your own family member. He is a good person, why is this happening to him??

I'll quit smoking for you, bro. Please hang in there.

cha_n
12-07-2013, 08:05 PM
as i have kids, i learnt something new, everyday. they never give up on something. they're never afraid to fail

serendipity
14-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Faith in humanity restored while watching a few good men playing trumpet, remind me of someone in heaven :) my grandfather

Shaka_RDR
20-07-2013, 11:27 PM
it's useless to be punctual in this rotten country. it is useless to fulfill your promises too.

majority never appreciate it and they tend to abuse someone who is punctual and always fulfill his/her promises.

Bi4rain
21-07-2013, 01:06 AM
^would making a joke about it makes them less annoying?
the whole world laughs with you when you can laugh at yourself. way better option that being laughed at (or condescending)

Shaka_RDR
25-07-2013, 09:38 AM
absolutely.
that's why i'm starting to tell everybody who make appointment with me "I am giving you an indonesian-type-promise that i will be punctual/fulfill my promise", i do that even to my colleagues as they are the ones who ALWAYS (always, not often) late and break their promises.

purpose
26-07-2013, 12:16 PM
People spending hours to line up to get a free toy from Mcdonalds Better things to do with our time/energy/money , no?? If the money spent went to a charity that would be awesome

mbok jamu
30-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Everyday is a bonus, even to chat with him. It seems so unfair. I hate the world today, I hate everyone who had a laugh, I hate everyone who couldn't feel my pain.

mbok jamu
25-10-2013, 10:48 AM
There is no hope, just waiting for a miracle to happen. The men in my life, my dad, my brother and my hubby. One has gone and one is gonna go and nothing I can do but to pray for him. The worst feeling ever, it makes my tummy churn.

Shaka_RDR
18-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Today i learnt that no matter what i do, i'll never be no 1 publicly. i'll just be number 1 behind the curtain, considering there's a "curtain".
confused? so do i. ::grrr::

Shaka_RDR
22-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Today i learnt that: as water can heal, so do tears.

mbok jamu
22-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Shaka_RDR

You can do it!! \m/

Find your solitude, the pleasure from within. Spend more time with people that you get along with, avoid those who are never happy with themselves and for others.