PDA

View Full Version : 2014

mbok jamu
01-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Kuala Lumpur

At the airport with a cup of coffee and croissant pudding waiting for my flight back home. Sleepy since I only had 3 hours rest this morning. Hungry as I just had a piece of steak for supper last night. The rest was pretty wild, literally. The Malaysians tried to turn Bukit Bintang to New York Times Square but it was mayhem.

I just gave my lighter to the waitress, have not smoked for over 8 hours. I will quit this year, as I promised to Mami.

Gotta finish my coffee and go through the immigration. A girl in front of me just took a picture of her Starbucks coffee. Bloody kampungan.

etca
01-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Good morning mbok jamu,
have a safe flight mbok.. :hug4:

ndugu
01-01-2014, 10:30 AM
lol
yea, bukit bintang can get rowdy on new year's eve
but nothing like ny times square's new year's eve though ::elaugh::

mbok jamu
02-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks, @etca (http://www.kopimaya.com/forum/member.php?u=6)

@ndugu (http://www.kopimaya.com/forum/member.php?u=39)
Nothing like it all. But the food was good and cheap, the firework wasn't bad if you were into it. :cengir:

mbok jamu
02-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Home sweet home

There's no place like home. I don't understand why people run from home or don't get a place called home as soon as they can afford to. The freedom to do whatever you like in your own place, walking around without wearing anything, doing whatever you like doing, being as messy as you want to be. A sanctuary in which people are immune to give a damn about the rest of the world.

Poor hubby trying to keep the place as tidy and clean as possible. It's not easy, man. Especially when you gotta work all day and cook afterwards. Can't imagine those with kids but then again if I got kids, I wouldn't work. I would be a full-time mum as there's no such thing as part-time mum. After all these years Mami finally admitted that she was raised by a part-time mum and that there was no mother and daughter relationship. That explains the No-hugging and kissing with her own kids of which made us part independent and part craving for those cuddles. It balanced you, my full-time mum once claimed. As long as you kids have roof on top of your heads, parents just have to balance everything else to keep that roof up, she continued.

All I know is how to balance my account, my diet and my sleep. Talking about sleep, I can have some right now. In my own bed, the best bed in the whole wide world. Yawn.

mbok jamu
03-01-2014, 09:40 AM
It's 37 degree outside. :iamdead: My head is pounding, I think I had too much kripik nangka last night and didn't drink enough water. Extreme conditions continued yesterday, with soaring temperatures in areas extending from Queensland's interior to Central Australia and north-western New South Wales.

kupo
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
37 degree..? wow.. :-O ...

mbok jamu
03-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Yup, 37. It's still "cooler" than summer in Qatar which could reach 50 degree at mid day. I remember once I was running late for work, the car park at the basement was already full so I had to park outside. In the afternoon I couldn't touch the door handle to get into the car. Lucky I had a scarf in my bag, so I wrapped my hand with it before I could open the door. It was boiling hot in the inside, the leather around the steering wheel was as soft as human skin.

Living to the extreme! \m/

mbok jamu
05-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Another friend's leaving do. It was fun, heaps of finger food, drinks and kids but the concept of throwing a party in a pub at night with toddlers and babies was a bit strange to me.

Anyway, it is sad to let friends go as you get to know them well. It's not easy to find a friend when you keep moving and living in a strange land. But deep down you know someday one of you will say goodbye to the other due to either expired contract or another job offer. Yes there is Facebook to keep in touch but it will never be the same in fact harder as you see them having so much fun in their new adventure. It sucks to be left behind.

I wanna go as well. I have lived here for over 5 years, it's time to go. I wanna go to Canada, I wanna see the bears, I wanna speak French! ::arg!::

mbok jamu
06-01-2014, 11:54 AM
I was struggling with the heat. I got headache and couldn't think straight, went to the hairdresser and asked her to chop all my hair off. She was being kind, she gave me a Pixie cut.

I'm loving it and so is everyone at work. ;D

Went back to the gym this morning, a kilo on xtraining and a kilo on rowing. Haven't smoked.

mbok jamu
08-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Ways to Stay Calm when Provoked by Argument

By: Darcey Lee (https://app.heliumnetwork.com/heliumnetwork/viewPublicUserBio.sc?userNumber=508931)

The acid tongue and adrenaline rush that comes along with an argument is sometimes hard to avoid.
When provoked by an argument it can be difficult to maintain your composure and not participate. Although it may be difficult, there are ways to stay calm.

One of the most important things to remember is to stay focussed, do not let your mind get into the turmoil of the oncoming argument directed your way. Staying focussed on the fact that if you participate, then things will be twice as bad in the end. Not only do you have one person throwing words around like darts but once you step in and add your contribution this will intensify the problem.

Taking a deep breath does help. Inhale and breathe out slowly, this is an automatic way to calm your own nerves that are getting stirred up inside you. Repeat the breathing at minimum three times. This will calm you to an extent if you are surrounded with the chaos of someone provoking an argument.

Taking a walk can definitely help keep you calm. Excusing yourself from the situation and taking a walk, clears the mind and keeps you grounded.

Look at things from a different point of view. When someone is provoking an argument it is also easy to become defensive and want to stand up for yourself. Instead of reacting to a negative emotion, take a look at the person who is arguing with you and realize, this is not your own behaviour. You do not have to lower yourself to the level they are in.
Most arguments are caused by some kind of fear. As they are throwing their words at you ask yourself, what does this person fear? Let them say what they want or think they have to say, and analyze the situation as they are acting in an unacceptable manner. By focussing on what is causing their fear in order to make them behave this way, this keeps your own thoughts from getting tangled up in the emotions the arguer is causing within you.

If the person provoking the argument in persistent and there is no easy way to excuse yourself from the situation. Do not react and remember in most cases, when you do not feed the fire the fire eventually burns out. Let them carry on, but in your own mind tell yourself you refuse to participate in this and remind yourself this will soon burn out.
Even though you may be in the presence of someone who is provoking the argument does not mean you have to really be there. By saying this I mean, picture something else in your mind that brings you joy as the person is ranting and raving. Separate yourself emotionally and do not let the feelings start to boil. As soon as you feel the adrenaline taking over, just push your mind back to the thoughts that make you happy.

Action causes reaction. When there is no action there is no reaction. It is best to just let the person vent out whatever they feel the need to argue about and keep yourself separated mentally as best as possible.

Everything eventually comes to pass.

mbok jamu
09-01-2014, 11:46 AM
It's official. I cannot start the beauty therapy study as I have signed training contract with the company. Now I have a year to complete the training. ::arg!::

mbok jamu
11-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Some people are just dumb. Period.

mbok jamu
16-01-2014, 05:19 PM
So I have started studying. Passed the first 3 assessments, achieved 100% score as required. But the 4th one, man.. it's hard. I need some research and a weekend to do it. Sigh. And this is just the first module. Life is hard! :sad:

mbok jamu
01-02-2014, 03:47 PM
O I feel fat. My current BMI is 23 and according to the waist measurement my health is at high risk. It has been months since my last training and I don't take the dogs for a walk anymore. I've been lazy, I've been feeling sick to my stomach. It hasn't been easy since Papi passed away and is getting harder since my brother got very ill. But mum and sisters see me for strengths not knowing that I am feeling weaker everyday. I gotta do something, don't I? Wake up early in the morning and take the pooches for a walk again? I've gone back to the gym a few times already but it was so boring.

Should I try the 10 minutes jump rope? They said jump rope can be a great cardio exercise if you know how to jump rope properly. Not only does jumping rope help you burn a ton of calories and improve your speed and quickness, it’s also cheap and you can do it just about anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sitJ3UdYDjY

Damn you, Sara Solomon! You make it look so easy. :muntahdarah:

I think I'll start with this one first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quoyW7FZqdI

mbok jamu
03-02-2014, 06:25 PM
I haven't bought the jump rope yet but am committed to lose weight. I'm going to create a monthly healthy meal plan as it will also save my time at the end of the day.

Just found an article of a woman who lost almost 10 kilos in 2 months just by exercising and eating well. C'est possible, alors! :marah:

mbok jamu
03-02-2014, 08:22 PM
OK. Hubby likes the idea of healthy meal plan but is not quite ready yet to be a vegetarian. Still likes his lamb and beef. Will start the plan with these 14 tasty recipes; add more veggies and eat less portions.

Chicken Teriyaki w/Pickled Vegetable
Chicken Stir Fry w/Vegetable
Mi Ayam w/Vegetable Soup
Seared Lamb w/Roast Capsicum & Chickpea Salad
Grilled Beef Salad w/Horseradish Dressing
Beef Lok Luc w/Lettuce & Tomatoes
Pasta w/Smoked Salmon & Sour Cream
Char Mee Gatung - Stir Fry Flat Rice Noodles
Prawn Salad w/Orange & Avocado
Eggs Benedict w/Smoked Salmon
Omelette w/Garden Salad
Mee Char Vegetarian Noodles
Broad Bean & Fetta Toasts
Mixed Vegetable & Tomato Quiche

Gotta find another 14. ::doh::

mbok jamu
04-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Let the plan begin today at starting weight 56.4kg.

mbok jamu
04-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Didn't have time for grocery shopping so had to cook with the leftover. I made my first pizza ever, with tomato sauce, mushrooms, feta cheese and basil as toppings with sprinkle of parmesan. It was yummy and hubby loved it. ::woohoo::

To all pizza lovers out there, start making your own. It's so easy and tasty!

mbok jamu
09-02-2014, 09:59 AM
The meal plan is working well. No time is wasted anymore looking inside the fridge trying to figure out what to cook for dinner.
Half a kilo has gone and the pooches are happy coz I take them for walkies again! http://www.kopimaya.com/forum/image.php?u=152&dateline=1379938919

mbok jamu
15-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Okay, time to update my journal.

It has been almost 2 weeks, I'm now 54.8kg. So that means I've lost 1.60 kilos. That's like 6 bars of soaps! Eww..

http://www.mdpub.com/soap/images/s_6bars.jpg

mbok jamu
16-02-2014, 05:07 AM
Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiun.

I was lucky having the chance to be your sister. I'll be missing you a lot.

tuscany
16-02-2014, 05:35 AM
My deep condolence for your lost, mbok.

mbok jamu
16-02-2014, 05:37 AM
Our favourite song. I hope you are in peace now.

Sendiri berjalan ditengah malam nan sepi
kian jauh melangkah
semakin gelisah

sendiri termenung
dilarut malam nan hening
hatiku smakin gundah
oh mata... membasah

bayu dingin lalu
dan bintang mengedip sayu
rembulan menyuram
tiada... terbayang.. harapan..

sendiri melangkah
dijalan remang membisu
ku nanti engkau sinar
bersama sang fajar

---------- Post Merged at 07:37 AM ----------

Thank you, Tuscany

etca
16-02-2014, 05:39 AM
mbak, yang tabah.
nderek bela sungkawa...

apapun itu keputusan mbak, jangan pernah menyesalinya.
kakak mbok jamu pasti tahu, adiknya ini sayaaaanngg banget ama dirinya. *peluk*

mbok jamu
16-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Terima kasih, Ca. Iya, mbok sayang banget, kita berdua juga mirip. Kurang satu lagi temen mbok berdiskusi. ::nangis::

mbok jamu
21-02-2014, 06:19 PM
It has been announced, the company is moving its global business services to Kuala Lumpur. But my place is here, next to my hubby. Papi once said, husband and wife should never live apart when I told him I wanted to stay behind in the Middle East. So I never did.

The redundancy of which might happen some time this year is probably the call to do what I love doing, working from home, for myself. I won't make much so long as I can keep the business going.

Everything is temporary after all. Our lives, our roles.

That is born will die,
What has been gathered will be dispersed,
What has been accumulated will be exhausted,
What has been built up will collapse,
And what has been high will be brought low.

Porcelain Doll
21-02-2014, 11:39 PM
freelance at freelancer.com? ::ungg::

mbok jamu
26-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Never thought much about death before. The first time somebody died on me was Tiki, my rabbit. Then Kiti, his sister. She died on my lap, on the way to the vet. I was brokenhearted. Couldn't eat for a day, never wanted to have a bunny in my life ever again. As with my family, I though we all would go to heaven together, hand in hand, NOT one by one like now. It's so sad. It effing sucks!!!!!

mbok jamu
01-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Another blood test, another scan. Looks like he is taking me seriously now after learning about my family medical history. Or was he scared? I wonder how doctors think these days about their patients. Do they really care about them? Or do they see them just as numbers on their paycheques? Do they really want their patients to get well? How many of them actually say "get well soon" to their patients? Or they don't say it because they know their patients will get well sooner?

Billy Connolly found out that he had Parkinson's disease after a chance encounter with an Australian fan who was also a surgeon. He told the comedian to see his doctor right away as his gait suggested he was showing early signs of the illness.

That doesn't happen to everyone everyday, does it? Did the doctor do what he did because he cared as a doctor or a big fan?

Hotelier
01-03-2014, 05:19 PM
May I join here :D I want to practice my English, as I realize how terrible my Grammar now ::hihi:: if you don't mind of course.

About Billy Connolly and his fan who also a doctor. Imho, I think the fan did it because he cared. He's a doctor, so I think his instinct tell him that Billy is sick, and with a chance that the person he adore will got mad by the warning, he took a risk to told Billy about it and luckily, Billy took it seriously. While some doctors only treat their patients like an object, I do think there's still a lot of people who want to work as a doctor, because they want to help people ;)

serendipity
01-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Billy Connolly found out that he had Parkinson's disease after a chance encounter with an Australian fan who was also a surgeon. He told the comedian to see his doctor right away as his gait suggested he was showing early signs of the illness.

That doesn't happen to everyone everyday, does it? Did the doctor do what he did because he cared as a doctor or a big fan?

only a few doctor do the great job because they care about the patient. Most of them, just realize that they need money to buy a food.
I have a friend, she is doctor. I was suprised when she says that she need money.. while she already have a big house and work in famous hospital on Jakarta, her husband is a doctor too.. I thought she can help people with a big heart, but I was wrong.

I mean I know all of them still need a food, but when they still have a lot of money.. why not they just help without asking money in return :cengir:

mbok jamu
02-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Hotelier ::bye::

Don't worry about your grammar. Let's just write, who cares about grammar. Ha ha... It will get better as we go along, trust me.

About the surgeon. Wasn't he there in the first place as a big fan of Connolly? I'd really like to believe there are still plenty of genuine people out there including doctors who really care about others. Or perhaps in doctors's case should they emotionally detach themselves to their patients to keep on going? It's like 'damn if they do damn if they don't, isn't it?

mbok jamu
02-03-2014, 08:36 AM
serendipity ::bye::

I found this article, written by a medical student.

Good doctors are those who genuinely care about patients
ROBERT SPENCER | PATIENT | AUGUST 7, 2013

Helpless. That is how I felt when my mother found out she had a fibroid the size of a cantaloupe living in her uterus. In my role as a medical student I might have dismissed the finding as nothing serious, telling my patient, “Don’t worry, it could be much worse.” But as a loving son I was not quite as cavalier. At first my mother resolved to ignore the fibroid, hoping it would shrink or go away on its own. It didn’t. Instead, it grew larger until eventually it pressed against other organs in her pelvis, producing a variety of uncomfortable symptoms. She gritted her teeth through bleeding, urinary frequency, and excruciating pain—until the night uncontrollable bleeding rushed us to the emergency room. It was there she realized a hysterectomy was her only option, and the following morning we began calling doctors. At the top of our list was a surgeon touted to be “the best.”

Let me be clear about what I mean by the word “best.” This surgeon was highly respected among doctors, with technical skills that could impress the toughest critics. A legend in his specialty, he had operated on pelvic floors for half a century, served as the director of his department for over a decade, and been written up as a “top doctor” in multiple reputable publications. Patients flocked to him with all sorts of complicated cases, making it near impossible to book an appointment. Luckily, a family friend had an “in,” and we were covertly squeezed into his schedule.

Dead silence permeated the waiting room as my mother and I sat, squirming anxiously in our seats, waiting for the doctor’s secretary to usher us into his office. When the time came, we passed through hallways decorated with numerous plaques and framed diplomas. We proceeded into his office, where we found ourselves captivated by the gorgeous view of the Manhattan skyline from his window. It was clear this surgeon had a stellar reputation with an office to match. This, we thought, was the perfect doctor for the job.

Our awe was disrupted by an accusatory voice: “Why would anyone wait this long to have a fibroid removed?” The doctor entered the room without looking up, his eyes glued to my mother’s chart. My mother grinned sheepishly and began revealing her concerns about taking time off from work, the procedure’s risks, and the terrifying post-op stories she had read online. The surgeon smirked, fixed his eyes on his computer screen, and retorted, “You’re more than welcome to keep suffering.”

“OK,” my mother said, gathering her things. She had heard enough.

In 2010, Dr. J. Kevin Dorsey, dean and provost for the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, delivered a commencement address in which he told the graduating class that as future doctors they would be judged not based on their medical knowledge or technical prowess, but on whether patients feel they care. “I ask only one thing,” he told the graduates, “When a patient comes to you needing something—care for them like you would care for your parents, your siblings, your children, your best friend.”

Two weeks after deserting our highly coveted appointment with the hotshot doctor, my mother had an abdominal hysterectomy under the care of someone else. Unlike the other, this surgeon didn’t rush her out of his office, dismiss her concerns, or avoid making eye contact. She chose him because he insisted on explaining her procedure in its complexity, and because he rested his hand on her shoulder while warning her about the difficult recovery ahead. When she told him she was worried about having a scar on her abdomen, he validated her concern and promised to make it as small as possible. When she told him she was worried about being in pain after the operation, he reassured her that it would be managed with proper medications. Ultimately, he didn’t treat her as just another fibroid or a surgery to attack with cold steel. Rather, he honored her as a human being with real feelings that matter.

Dr. Dorsey’s prescription may seem simple, but as a son and medical student, I’ve come to see firsthand that what’s simple is true. Good doctors are those who genuinely care about patients. No doubt they have meticulously scrutinized the pancreatic acini, loops of Henle, and intestinal villi. Some of them can even recite paragraphs from medical textbooks verbatim. But this type of intelligence, no matter how vast, is not what makes them good, certainly not “the best.” What makes good doctors rise above the rest is how they treat patients: they make patients feel like they matter. They have the courage to say “I don’t know” and show concern when delivering bad news. They act no differently than they would if it were their own mother on the other side of the scalpel.

Not long ago I was asked to see a 59-year-old woman with frontotemporal dementia, a condition resulting in progressive deterioration of the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain. “She’s a good teaching case,” a resident told me. Because the disease had already spread to her language areas, she was no longer able to process questions, follow commands, or hold a conversation. She instead laughed at inopportune times and repeated nonsensical phrases such as “glad to know you” and “you have a baby.” After an abbreviated neurological examination and a measly attempt at talking to her, I turned to leave, when I noticed a handwritten card on her wall. “I love you, Mom,” it read. I stopped, suddenly transported to my experience with my mother’s fibroid. I quickly wiped a tear from my cheek, turned back and took a seat at the edge of the patient’s bed. She smiled at me and said again, “Glad to know you.” This time, I took her hand and held it firmly, replying, “Glad to know you, too.” And for the next few minutes I just sat there, listening to her as she mumbled words. Listening and telling myself how truly proud my mother would be.

Robert Spencer is a medical student.

mbok jamu
05-03-2014, 02:30 PM
The results are back. I'm healthy. Yay! The doctor looked pleased saying that a lot of things that are happening in my life could have caused the stress. All results are good, in fact better than before. Perhaps better diet and no cigarette contributed to it? Dunno. I just feel relieved!

Shaka_RDR
05-03-2014, 03:15 PM
reading the story that you post makes me remember why i want to be a doctor. too bad it's too late now. maybe in another life.

mbok jamu
05-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Why is it too late?

Shaka_RDR
05-03-2014, 04:04 PM
i'm already 30 years old and i want to get married soon.
time is a luxury for me. i cannot happily messing around anymore, trying new things as i please. i need a stable job and i already took a master degree in Information System Management.
to become a doctor, i need to study at least 7 years, not including specialist. And while studying i won't be able to have a proper job, how can i feed my family then?

i think i can be a "doctor" for computers. i'm actually quite good in customer relationship and support. may be if i have money, i will open an IT support company.

mbok jamu
05-03-2014, 05:35 PM
You're 30 already?? Get out of here!

I guess it's a bit late then. You want to get married, your priority in life has shifted. Well, I hope you can start your own business one day. Definitely in Indonesia and perhaps you can take school leavers to become your apprentice. How exciting is that! :luck:

Shaka_RDR
06-03-2014, 12:14 AM
i don't want to live in Indonesia. after i finish my master degree, i'll be moving to singapore again.
with indonesia's current condition, it's not a suitable place for me to stay and start a family. definitely not a good place to raise children. haven't you heard about the school curriculum?
if i want my children to have a good education, i must put them in international school and it'll cost me an arm and a leg.

btw, i'm still 29, going 30. i'll be 30 at the end of this year ;D or like vicky said "29 my age now" ::ngakak2::

Hotelier
14-03-2014, 12:20 PM
@mbok jamu (http://www.kopimaya.com/forum/member.php?u=1220)

Thanks for encouraging me ::hihi:: let me learn from you. He2.

Yes, the surgeon is there because he's a fan of Connoly. However, one of my friend, who's a doctor, once told me, that being a doctor, is not supposed to be attached to the patients. Let say, if they have to cure they best friend for an incurable disease, they'll do their best to save the friend. But, if someday, an enemy walk in, a good doctor is still have to save that person. Being not too attached to the patient will also help, if they lost their patient. It will be less traumatic, and they can move on, and help another person.

Sounds easier to say than to practice it ::ungg:: He2, I feel that the surgeon is not coincidentally met his idol. He met Connoly so he could help him. But if that day the surgeon only reacted as a fans, he probably not even notice that his own idol is sick. It's like a teacher who meet a student everyday, not even noticed that the student is being bullied by another student.

Just like any profession in the world, a good doctor, a bad one. A good lawyer, a bad one. There's the other side of coin, just like @serendipity (http://www.kopimaya.com/forum/member.php?u=125) mentioned above.

I'm glad to know you're healthy. mbok jamu. Leave the cigarette behind forever and you'll feel good about your body. He2.

mbok jamu
22-03-2014, 10:23 AM
O yeah.. I haven't smoked for a couple of months now. It's easier this time as hubby also wanted to quit although I do miss the morning rituals with my coffee and in the evenings after dinner. Hubby said we can smoke again when we are old and grey in our 70s as we'll have nothing to lose. Something to look forward to. :luck:

kupo
22-03-2014, 10:51 AM
O yeah.. I haven't smoked for a couple of months now. It's easier this time as hubby also wanted to quit although I do miss the morning rituals with my coffee and in the evenings after dinner. Hubby said we can smoke again when we are old and grey in our 70s as we'll have nothing to lose. Something to look forward to. :luck:

congrat's... keep up the good work... ... ::bye::

mbok jamu
22-03-2014, 11:45 AM
It's raining outside. Love it, love the smell of rain drops touching the ground, love the water on trees, plants and lawns. When it was raining in the afternoons, I used to sit on the veranda with my book while the rest of the family were enjoying the nap. Pap would normally fall asleep on the sofa, while Mum snuggled up in bed with her sarung. It felt so peaceful and I knew everything would be just fine. But there are things that I can't keep nor change no matter how hard I tried. Nor can I replace it with something else. Like Mum with her own memory and life to live and I'm not in any of it. She didn't mean to make her daughter feeling any less worthy, she just can't replace with him with anybody else. I can't compete, I will be exhausted. Trying to catch your heart is like trying to catch a star. All I can do is to be there if she needs me.

mbok jamu
24-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Gosh.. I love cooking, I love baking, I love eating! Just made Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble, hubby loved it, I liked it too. Argh.. I'm afraid I'm putting on weight again. ::arg!::

When I have nothing to do all I can think about is baking and more baking. Chocolate Molten looks really tempting now.. ::cabul::

http://riannanworld.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/molten.JPG

Ingredients

125g unsalted butter
150g dark chocolate (70%25 Cocoa), chopped
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
90g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
35g self-raising flour

Hazelnut Biscuit Crumb

125g cold unsalted butter, chopped
150g plain flour
1 tbs sugar
150g hazelnuts, skin on, chopped coarsely

Espresso Syrup

125ml water
110g caster sugar
2 tbs coffee granules

Toffee

125ml water
110g caster sugar

Mascarpone Cream

250g mascarpone
1 tbs icing sugar
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method

Preheat oven to 220C. Grease four ramekins. Line bases with baking paper.
To make biscuit crumb, rub butter into flour and sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in hazelnuts. Place on an oven tray in a single layer.
Bake for about 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool completely.
To make espresso syrup, stir sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened and syrup like. Stir in coffee until dissolved. Cool.
To make toffee, line an oven tray with baking paper. Sir sugar and water in a medium heavy based saucepan over medium heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Use a wet pastry brush to brush any stray grains on side of pan back down into mixture. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, until mixture begins to turn light golden brown. Pour onto tray in a thing layer. Once set, break into shards.
To make mascarpone cream, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
Reduce oven to 190C.
To make cake, stir butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and combined.
Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, yolks, caster and extract until thick and creamy. Stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in flour. Divide mixture among prepared dishes.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from oven and stand 2 minutes. Invert cakes onto a board and place on serving plates.
Serve cakes with hazelnut crumb, syrup, cream and toffee shards.

Porcelain Doll

Tips, please..

Porcelain Doll
24-03-2014, 10:06 PM
well, mbok..baking a molten cake is a bit tricky actually
i was not very successful myself the last time i made it with nutella filling (plus too sweet)
might try your recipe later :D

the tips is not to make the filling over baked ;D
time for baking could be different depending each oven
just cook it until cake is not jiggly

mbok jamu
25-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Thank you, Popo

I got the recipe from My Kitchen Rules, a cooking game show on tv here (it's like MasterChef but with 2 contestants in each team cooking at home). I've never made chocolate molten before as I'm not really a chocolate-cake big fan but with the hazelnuts and mascarpone cream?? Yum.. ::cabul::

I'll try it this weekend, wish me luck! :luck:

Hai_Lee
25-03-2014, 12:29 PM
I recommend Laura Vitale's recipes. Her recipes works wonders even with my mediocre cooking skill ;D

Porcelain Doll
25-03-2014, 10:49 PM
do share us the recipe, Hai Lee..:D

Hai_Lee
26-03-2014, 06:09 AM
For popo,
http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/all/recipes.php

look around, my personal favorite is her fudgy brownies recipe. remember to reduce the amount of sugar to your liking if you don't like sweet. I find that her recipes are less sweet than common ones. She and her husband have vlog channel as well. Quite an entertainment watching them.

mbok jamu
01-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Some people really need their @rses kicked. Seriously. Look at yourself, what do you got that you expect so much from others. Tosser.

mbok jamu
07-04-2014, 11:19 AM
My next holiday ::hohoho::

http://www.brittanytourism.com/var/crtbre/storage/images/media/images/decouvrir/emblematiques/baie-du-mont-saint-michel/baie-du-mt-st-michel/575658-1-fre-FR/baie-du-mt-st-michel_reference.jpg

Porcelain Doll
10-04-2014, 12:42 AM
wow...where is it, mbok? ::hohoho::

mbok jamu
15-04-2014, 10:40 AM
That is in Normandy, North Western France; where the Battle of Normandy took place, where William de Conqueror was born and the home of The Impressionists such as Monet.

mbok jamu
04-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Some argue that cooking Indonesian dishes is complicated and takes time, while others admit that they have limited knowledge of dishes’ various condiments. Today I committed myself to making Soto Betawi and I did it. Made it from scratch, blending all the spices, cooking it with homemade beef stock (yes, I made the stock myself) and finally mixing in the coconut milk. With celery, tomatoes and some emping crackers, when hubby had his seconds, he said it was gurih!

I surprised myself sometimes. Or is it because I made it with love? ;D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/p526x296/10259895_10152801677999008_3851661015010124706_n.j pg

TheCursed
04-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Some argue that cooking Indonesian dishes is complicated and takes time...

Soto betawi ? Heh.
I rise you up with Karedok, Nasi Pecel and Ketoprak.
If all ingredients in hand... 15-30 minutes from scratch to ready to serve. Sometimes even to 'Done eating, I am full'.
Heck, I even manage to make an 'Emergency Mie Kangkung' in 20 minutes.

Indonesian cuisine is complex ? ... Meh, ALL cuisine is complex. If you want them to be. :ngopi:

mbok jamu
05-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Talking about Ketoprak, once upon a time I had a special guest coming to my place. For some reason, I wanted to make something with veggies and peanut sauce but didn't quite like the idea of pecel or gado-gado so I decided to make Ketoprak instead. When the guest had his second serving of the Ketoprak, he told me that he was Betokaw, and I cured his homesickness.

I take time cooking coz I enjoy it. For me it's not about the process, it's about the result; and it's gotta be flawless. The taste, the texture, the look of it coz I ain't eating anything that looks like cat food. Even boiled rice, it has to be pulen. It shouldn't be smelly, coloured or mushy.

Of course you can make Mie Kangkung in 20min, if you use Maggie stock cubes. ::hihi::

TheCursed
05-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Even boiled rice, it has to be pulen. It shouldn't be smelly, coloured or mushy.

I actually don't like my rice pulen. Prefer it in more pera condition, or in the tongue of my people, karau.
Which is in absolute best taste if one can get their hands on a sack of Karang Dukuh grains. Which, as recall, can only be grown on my birthplace swampy grounds.

But, have to defer to the majority voice of my mitbewohner friends, which strongly object to the karau-ness of the rice I cooked. ;D

Of course you can make Mie Kangkung in 20min, if you use Maggie stock cubes. ::hihi::

Maggie stock cubes ? pfffttt...

Even worse, i used Indomie goreng. All of it, seasonings and dehydrated noodles.
And not even using kangkung. Since it won't be cheap, even for just one bundle. Not to mention hard to find.
So, I was using jungen spinat instead of kangkung.... Hence the 'emergency' part from 'Emergency Mie Kangkung'. ;D

mbok jamu
06-05-2014, 07:47 PM
::hihi::

Pera when the rice is a bit dry, the best one to make nasi goreng, isn't it?

Have you tried growing your own kangkung? Or is it too cold to grow it there?

cha_n
06-05-2014, 11:13 PM
i ate karau, very hard rice when i was in kotawaringin barat, kalbar. not my favourite

mbok jamu
07-05-2014, 04:59 AM
I'm officially obsessed now with cooking. Ha ha.. I walked into my kitchen this morning and it smelt like a kitchen somewhere in Bukittinggi, spices in the air, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, galangal, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, star anise, turmeric… Lovely. I want to quit my job and start cooking, I don't want to go back to my boring paperwork. A friend who is running her own restaurant says it's a lot of hardwork. Yes, I know. Even just to make Soto Padang for 4 last night, I had to have all my cookers on, making the broth, frying the beef and perkedel and simmer the vermicelli. But I enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun. And nothing beats fresh homemade soto in winter. Yummee...

I can just imagine my Indonesian friends having it for breakfast. Selamat makan!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10264502_10152806851514008_1630773088322176999_n.j pg

Porcelain Doll
07-05-2014, 09:31 AM
yummm....::cabul::
just made a batch of chocochip cookies yesterday for my colleagues
sure they love it ;D

sad thing is...i don't have much money for buying the ingredients
so no practice new cookies right now..;D
maybe later

mbok jamu
10-05-2014, 07:10 PM
I agree, baking or cooking can be pricy. I like to start with the left over; I check what's left in the fridge or kitchen cupboard first then I'll buy the rest of the ingredients.

Finally made the molten lava cake today with hazelnut biscuit crumbs, mascarpone cream and espresso syrup. It's very rich, moist and the centre is still runny like lava. Am very happy with it. :luck:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10301280_10152816825129008_5934579413241439814_n.j pg

thin.king
10-05-2014, 07:28 PM
What's difference between soto padang and the others. :tanya:

Never eat that before ::ungg::

mbok jamu
10-05-2014, 07:57 PM
I think it's the healthiest amongst them all, thanks to the clear broth. Unlike common dishes from West Sumatra, it doesn't actually use coconut milk. I like the texture the most, it has that crunchy fried beef, delicate perkedel and fresh vegetables, all melt in your mouth together with that aromatic spicy kuah.

Not to mention the pink kerupuk. ;D

mbok jamu
10-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Wow.. It has been a month already. What's happening here. Hmm.. A couple of weirdos, cuckoo heads. Blabbering about somebody that they hate out there.. here. Dunno why they think it's going to help them or make them feel any better. The nympho is still proud, with the stories that made feel sick to my stomach.

Missing the old days.

mbok jamu
30-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't accept much so it felt strange when a friend gave me a birthday present today, out of her private stash. Never expected anything and didn't know how to react. Doesn't worth much money but it means a lot to me.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-9/p526x296/10421350_10152950272839008_5995902317120253535_n.j pg

At the beginning hubby did not know what to give me as I had everything I need and want. Later he learnt that I just wanted him to remember it. What is bigger than a birthday wish from a person who is genuinely happy that you have been born?

mbok jamu
21-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Perth, Scotland

It's good to be back. Always love this city, so peaceful but it has been quieter since we left it 10 years ago. With the economy growth of only 1% in the first quarter of the year I can feel that everything is slowly picking up itself again. Shall I start my business here in 4 years time, I wonder.

mbok jamu
04-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Back at work. Yawn. Don't feel motivated whatsoever. My head is full of ideas, of other stuff, not this boring one. Doing this just for the money now, have no passion anymore.

Time for some music, hope it keeps me going until home time. ::itrocks::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIh2xe4jnpk

Why you gotta be so rude?
Don't you know I'm human too?
Why you gotta be so rude?
I'm gonna marry her anyway

mbok jamu
07-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Need to keep reminding myself of the new sofa that's coming sometime in October. Time to redecorate the house as it has been sort of abandoned since the death of my beloved ones. It has affected me in some ways, now I can see.

Some ideas perhaps I can post here to start with. Love the coffee table but am not too sure with the big pattern on the curtain.

http://www.narratives.co.uk/ImageThumbs/JBH0194/3/JBH0194_Light_blue_sofa_with_cushion_coordinating_ curtains_and_striped_armchair_on_opposite_side_of_ coffee_t.jpg

mbok jamu
11-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Or this?

http://www.dblinteriors.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/british-colonial-living-room-499x353.jpg

mbok jamu
14-08-2014, 11:59 AM
Only have a year now to complete my study :nangislari:

Gotta finish tyding up the study room this weekend, still need a couple of plants to calm it down a bit. So happy to get the support and help from everyone.

NO MORE EXCUSES! :tunjuk:

mbok jamu
15-08-2014, 10:47 PM
One assessment at a time.

It is nice of the facilitator to offer me some support and Michael is only a phone call or email away to help me as well.

Keep track of the project completion.

mbok jamu
20-08-2014, 11:36 AM
5 assessments down. ::woohoo::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TqIdff_DQ

mbok jamu
25-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Meditating for a couple of days, how peaceful.

mbok jamu
12-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Exercising during lunch break - Day #1

It was actually quite nice. Warming up for 5 minutes then jogging on the treadmill for 2k. I was sweating and it felt good. Wanted to do more but didn't think I should force myself today. Had shower then went to the cafetaria. There were fish n chips and beef pie but I chose a bowl of Greek salad instead.

Guess what? I just found this article!

7 Benefits of working out in your lunch break

We think any time of day is a good time to work out. As long as you’re moving, we really don’t mind when you choose to hit the gym.
There are benefits to working out before you head to the office and benefits to working out after you’ve finished for the day. But if you have a particularly busy schedule, taking a midday break from your desk for a little huff ‘n puff definitely has its advantages.
Here are our top seven reasons why midday power workouts can be particularly beneficial:

1. Boosts your mood and energy levels
Exercise releases endorphins – those feel good neurotransmitters which produce a general feeling of wellbeing. Couple that with the invigorating feeling that comes post-workout and you’ll be flying through your afternoon meetings.

2. Creates more free time
If you hit the gym at lunchtime, you don’t need to wake up early to squeeze in a morning workout session, or head to the gym after work during those last few precious hours of sunlight. Plus, if you’re usually an afternoon exerciser, working out in the middle of the day means you’re less likely to find excuses to put off exercise between lunchtime and the end of the day.

3. Reduces your chance of illness
It seems counterproductive to say that engaging in physical activity at lunchtime will reduce your chance of illness and injury, but sitting for long periods of time has been linked to increased risk of premature death, particularly from cardiovascular disease. It is also associated with increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes and cancer. An Australian study published in the journal Circulation found that for every hour that a person spends sitting, their individual risk of death from all causes rose 11 per cent, their risk of death from cardiovascular disease rose 18 per cent and their risk of dying from cancer, 9 per cent. What better reason to step away from the desk!

4. Saves money
You can’t head to a café if you’re spending your lunch breaks at the gym, which means you’re not going to be spending your hard earned cash on store-bought food. Save the cash and spend it on something you really want – like a new pair of shoes or a romantic weekend away!

5. Saves kilojoules
As well as saving money from avoiding buying your lunch, you’ll also be doing a favour to your waistline. The food we make at home is always going to healthier than the meals available from the corner store or local café. It only takes a couple of minutes to prep a healthy, fresh salad at home. You don’t even need to spend time chopping! Just throw some rocket, spinach, cherry tomatoes, beans, corn kernels, and a tin of tuna into a lunchbox and you’re ready to go.

6. Reduces stress
Exercise is a proven way to reduce stress – so taking a break in the middle of the day to work up a sweat is a great way to deal with looming deadlines and difficult co-workers. When we exercise, our brains produce more serotonin, a chemical which acts as a mood stabiliser that helps to relieve depression and reduce stress. A much better solution that crying in an office toilet cubicle.

7. Improves your problem solving skills
Sometimes a situation crops up early in the workday that needs a great deal of brain power to solve. When this happens, the best solution is to engage in a little lunchtime sweat session. When our blood flow and oxygen levels are increased, the brain creates new synapses – or connections – which improve our cognitive performance, helping us to solve those tricky problems at work.

source: Fitness Fernwood

mbok jamu
15-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Day #2

1% incline to make up for the lack of wind resistance and simulate outdoor running conditions then the interval work out, running for 3 minutes with 2 minutes jogging interval. 2,5k in 30 minutes. Not bad, huh?

Tomorrow will be taking Starsky and Hutch jogging in the morning for a few blocks. Miss you pooches!

mbok jamu
17-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Day #3

It has been a while since I was dripping with sweat. 3k in 30 minutes. ::hohoho::

Quitting is the best decision I've ever made, a pack of cigarettes is now $21 or $1 a stick! Who on earth will pay that much for a cigarette? Black market for cheap Asia cigarettes will get bigger. If they can't afford the legitimate product they will seek out the contraband. Me? I just have to make sure I'm back in Indonesia when I reach 70 so I can afford it. :luck:

mbok jamu
19-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Day #4

I could've just had a long lunch break today but I didn't, I went to the gym instead! :marah: Another 3k in 30 minutes. I also noticed I've lost half a kilo already. Should've not weighed myself, it's about getting fit, not losing weight.

For sure it has lifted up the mood and energy levels. And the most important thing, it has inspired others to do the same. A couple of girls started exercising as well, good on them. People who are happy with themselves won't be jealous of others.

Hai_Lee
20-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Good job, mbok :cheer:

Working out is about getting fit but losing weight is a nice added bonus :cengir:

mbok jamu
21-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Good job, mbok :cheer:

Working out is about getting fit but losing weight is a nice added bonus :cengir:

Thanks, Hai_Lee :luck:

Yes, it's a bonus. It should be, I think. People, women in particular, shouldn't worry too much about their figure. Feeling good about ourselves is the most important thing. And exercising helps!

mbok jamu
28-09-2014, 01:14 PM
‘Spring has sprung, the grass is riz, I wonder where the birdies is? The bird is on the wing! But that’s absurd, I thought the wing was on the bird!’

Rear fencing was up, time to decorate it with some flowers. I'm glad hubby likes the idea. :luck:

http://cdn.homedit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Suspended-Flowerpots.jpg

mbok jamu
28-09-2014, 04:51 PM
"Close some doors today, not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they lead you nowhere" - Paul Coelho

I have officially deactivated my Facebook account because:

Don't find it useful, actually never found it useful. I created one when I was leaving the Middle East and some friends wanted to keep in touch. So we had but now we have lost it, each of us has entered our own new world to touch. The rest are just memories that we can't keep talking over and over again. The cards have been overridden, with marriages, newborns, deaths, holidays, and new life.

Don't have more friends than ever. God has created a path for each of us to walk, some will cross to one another once or twice, others should have not crossed ever and again. Facebook has interfered with God's plan. On Facebook people started looking for those whom they should not see again and so did I. Yes, I was happy to find them but then I realised how less we had in common. Our paths have intertwined at different levels so there was no other choice but to continue.

Friends mean more that acquaintances. When I met them in real life and accepted their requests, I would like them to be my friends. Thus I invited them to my house warming and opened my door to other occasions. It was funny when some translated it as hanging out with alcohol, cigarettes, talking about the same sh*t over and over again. Or when some talked to me on Facebook but ignored me in the real world. How weird is that?

Too much information. Too much self-aggrandising. Too many pictures. Too many selfies. Too boring.

mbok jamu
01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Day #9 - another 3k in 30 minutes.

Time to run faster, 30 seconds easy jog + 20 seconds moderate + 10 seconds sprint. Five times with no rest between. Then rest 2 minutes. Repeat 30-20-10 x 5 then rest 2 minutes.

nerve_gas
02-10-2014, 11:20 AM
ah, another endurance sportsperson here.

my average time for 3K is also around 30min-ish (once recorded 26min, but that's really rare). But considering my age (male, 29), this is a poor performance. yeah well, I have to dig deeper, to pay the last 29 years without any workout.

Been doing interval training as a preparation for 10K race, and it does improve my performance (5K in 46-48 minutes).

mbok jamu
02-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Yea.. I agree, that's pretty poor. :cengir: Allez! Let me know how you go.

My goal after a couple of months is to run for 30 minutes without any jogging or having a rest. I'm 42 so that's okay. ;D

nerve_gas
02-10-2014, 09:57 PM
30min without jogging? for me, that's just insane. ahahahahhaha.

I always jog after 1.5K (in average, sometimes 2K), just to make myself keep moving during the run, instead of walking)

Anyway, being ambitious and all, my short-term target is competing in a 5K race without walking (usually after 3K, I always walked for a bit. walk, not jog). My personal best for 5K is 48min.

and, again, being ambitious and all, I already registered myself to several race in 5 consecutive weeks. ahhahaha

1. CombiRun, 18 October (5K)
2. League Grip the Road, 19 October (8K)
3. The Jakarta Marathon, 26 October (10K)
4. H24Run, 2 November (5K)
5. Shell Helix Ultra Run, 8 November (5K)
6. Summarecon Bekasi Run, 16 November (subject to change, 5K or 10K)
7. Standard Chartered Half Marathon, 23 November (subject to change, 5K or 10K)

that's just a very definition of "ambitious but rubbish". But I trained myself pretty consistent in the last 3 weeks (3 runs per week, 2 cycling, and 2 swimming)

mbok jamu
06-10-2014, 03:58 PM
I'm impressed! You were a heavy smoker too, were you not? ::hohoho::

Consistency, that's all I need. Thus I only work out 3 times a week, so long as I'm consistent with my schedule I think I can make it and so can you. I always like running in fact when I was younger I loved sprinting so yeah, would love to be able to run again. My age and a couple of accidents on my hip and knee will just have to get used to it.

Good luck on the 18th! ::chearleader::

nerve_gas
06-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I was indeed a heavy smoker (2 packs a day). Right now, when I buy a pack, it lasts for 3 days.

anyway, I added another race for this week (12 october 2014). It's Mandiri Run, an event to welcome the Mandiri Jakarta Marathon. My first race in my hometown.

mbok jamu
07-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Arghh… This is bloody annoying! Anti-biotics for the whole week? Bed rest? Not even ipad allowed?

It wasn't even because I started exercising again, it wasn't even my fault! X(

mbok jamu
09-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Wow.. it has been 4 days already. There's no way I can rest for a week, four days is close enough. My head is still a bit nyut-nyutan but I think I can go to work tomorrow.

People should have kept the germs to themselves. Infecting others is just rude. I stay at home when I'm sick coz I don't want to pass it on to anybody. What if a mother or a pregnant woman get it from me then pass it on to their kids or babies?

Why can't those sick b**tards do the same? Stay at home or live in a cave somewhere? And most importantly, look after themselves and live a healthy lifestyle. This is why I hate filthy people, those who smell, cough, blow or suck their nose in public, those who carry diseases and transfer them to others. They are so dirty that even germs can't live in them.

Lord give me patience. What can't kill me will make me stronger.. What can't kill me will make stronger..

mbok jamu
10-10-2014, 06:36 AM
Would love to speak to you but it would be better if I don't answer your text again.

I broke yours once, wouldn't go between you and the new one.

A promise to myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKr9gWqwl4

mbok jamu
10-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Pliz God, give me a job in Indonesia so Mami can live with me. I can work part-time and help her out with everything she needs. I'll be her maid, I'll do anything for her. As for those who don't care about her, you can turn them to stones or frogs or stone frogs.

Porcelain Doll
10-10-2014, 10:36 PM
good luck with finding job here, mbok
may you be with mami soon yaaa...

mbok jamu
24-10-2014, 05:07 AM
I lost my cutest dog today. He was buried beside his best friend due to illness and frailty when the time came, one without the other was unthinkable. ::nangis::

Rest easy, Tiger.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1012925_10153258399207166_3333414945996262365_n.jp g?oh=e883503acae1434c88a7381cc53216d1&oe=54BA22A8

kupo
24-10-2014, 07:47 AM
I lost my cutest dog today. He was buried beside his best friend due to illness and frailty when the time came, one without the other was unthinkable. ::nangis::

Rest easy, Tiger.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1012925_10153258399207166_3333414945996262365_n.jp g?oh=e883503acae1434c88a7381cc53216d1&oe=54BA22A8

Turut berdukacita mbok... tiger itu yg mana? Yg rottweller?

baru sadar ini forum bahasa.. .. ::hihi::

terjemahan:
my condolence mbok... which one is tiger? The Rotweller?

mbok jamu
24-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Terima kasih, Kupo

Tiger is the little one, the Yorkshire Terrier. ::hihi:: He was tiny when I got him but very brave so I named him Tiger.

The Rottweiler was his best buddy, who also fell ill when Tiger got cancer on his backbone. Her name is Angel, she looked scary but a big softy. They were put down and buried together.

Kalau jalan-jalan berdua, Angel ngejar tikus sementara Tiger ngejar kelinci atau rusa. Dia pikir dia yang Rottweiler. ;D

mbok jamu
25-10-2014, 11:17 AM
A young man just passed away. He was still 27, a year younger than I thought. What a shock. I screamed when I saw the thread about him. I didn't really know him but I felt the sense of losing another good person. I talked about him to hubby, he was sad too.

We were created with our own batteries and we don't know when the battery will expire. Would we be happy if we knew how long the batteries would last? Some would probably just waste it if they knew they only had ABC. Others would do anything coz they knew they had Duracell or rechargeable ones.

Were we given just enough time to serve our purposes?

I don't know. I still find it hard to believe that my brother has gone, that his battery expired in 2014 and that my other brother has a rechargeable one coz that guy has nine lives! And why is that? I got 2 brothers, why did one have to go when he was at the peak of his life? #pusing

mbok jamu
31-10-2014, 05:43 PM
On the bus going home I started thinking about my late brother. Normally after work we liked to text each other. Has his soul gone to Barzakh, the temporary place? Where is it really? Is it in another dimension of this world that our eyes can't see? Suddenly a woman who was sitting in front of me gave me a small piece of paper, a leaflet, pink. It said Can the dead really live again? I smiled at her, feeling a bit embarrassed and thinking, did I look that sad? I saw her taking the leaflet out of her stash, why did she pick that one? A coincidence? Ain't that spooky.

The song that my brothers like to play. I wonder if my other brother had this playing in his head when he buried his only brother. Man it must be hard for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si7gu9yGz64

mbok jamu
02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Found it! I've been looking for this book for a week, The First Stage Guitar Book. Can't believe that it has been 13 years ago since I had a formal guitar lesson. Should've kept it going, my fingers wouldn't be as stiff as now. Found the plectrum too! ::hohoho:: I think I cut my nails too short this time, it hurts.

Poor hubby starts going around the house with his earset. Listening to his story, he said, I bet blocking the noises I'm making as well. ;D

mbok jamu
09-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Got a special card today. %kis

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B19wfMICEAEdw0O.jpg

mbok jamu
13-11-2014, 05:13 AM
In KL waiting for my flight to Bandung. I'm coming, Mami! ::hohoho::

Even just for a wee while I would be her chauffeur, even Bandung is always macet. She used to driving her kids around as part of her busy schedule. She would even take me with her vespa if my older siblings had to borrow her car. My super Mum is still working, still likes to chat in watsapp, still goes out by herself even now she has to take taxi. She wants to go Umroh again, that's her last wish. Hopefully we can go soon, amin.

ndugu
13-11-2014, 05:26 AM
wah, musim liburan, pada pulang kampung ya :mrgreen:
have fun mbok

mbok jamu
25-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Always wanted to know how it feels to be fat and now I am! But not obese yet. It feels heavy, everything is nyembul and nyempil. And man, I feel sleepy all day. Lucky Mami got a new driver so I could have a snooze whenever it was macet. Bandung is getting hotter but fat makes me sweaty even more. It makes everything bigger, I feel very montok. This is bad.

tuscany
25-11-2014, 11:10 PM
wah, musim liburan, pada pulang kampung ya :mrgreen:
have fun mbok

Sendirinya juga ::elaugh::

Always wanted to know how it feels to be fat and now I am! But not obese yet. It feels heavy, everything is nyembul and nyempil. And man, I feel sleepy all day. Lucky Mami got a new driver so I could have a snooze whenever it was macet. Bandung is getting hotter but fat makes me sweaty even more. It makes everything bigger, I feel very montok. This is bad.

Montok is sexy, mbok ::itrocks::

mbok jamu
29-11-2014, 07:26 AM
Time to pack and go. :nangislari:

mbok jamu
06-12-2014, 11:44 PM
One o'clock in the morning. Have been reading Tempo special edition this week. I wonder when his family is going to get justice. I wonder if his killer(s) can sleep at night - the psychopaths who feel neither remorse nor shameful - the demons. The humans didn't see them coming, giving away their itinerary without thinking. A foolishness that had to be paid by one's death. Brave but naive, so innocent.

mbok jamu
08-12-2014, 03:44 PM
I miss the old days when private things were kept private, when people thanked God by praying not updating their status, when parents celebrated family special days with their kids instead of facebook friends, when people had better hearing coz they didn't grow ear sets, when cellulites were hidden well, when the boobs were in, when men talked less, when ... sigh

When people embarrassed for their mistakes, when news were noteworthy information, when the quality of life was more important than the quantity, when women had less tattoos, when the world was less populated, when people enjoyed good conversations without scrolling their mobiles up and down. :bulat:

mbok jamu
09-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Forgot why I decided to study again, I feel like giving up. This is the time to remind myself of the rewards, the promotions and the increases afterwards. Not to mention the relief when having it all completed. :nangis4:I'm so exhausted today, can't think of anything to write anymore. :iamdead:Good night and good luck.

mbok jamu
13-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Happy, nervous, excited.. ::woohoo:: An opportunity to start my own business has arrived and the best thing is I don't have to quit my job.
They love the sample, they want more, they want to buy it. Can I do it? Can I make more? :gemetar: I gotta do it right, from the beginning, research, a lot of research, selling price, packaging, agreement, etc. Next year, yes, I gotta finish that too, next year. ::woohoo::

mbok jamu
16-12-2014, 06:42 AM
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast, in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. (Ovid)

mbok jamu
18-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Never thought hubby would be this excited. I knew he was happy about it but he has done his own research and even bought me some equipments already. He has also spread the word at work and taken orders from his mates. 'You are my best hubby,' I joked with him. 'What?? How many husbands you have!?'

mbok jamu
21-12-2014, 10:33 AM
More samples, more compliments. Even had an offer for a direct selling in a couple of months time which means me and the customers, face to face. 'The customers are going to love it', they said. :gemetar: I feel like entering another zone and it's not my comfort one. It's dark and I have not found the light switch. I got a lot to do yet I'm here typing it all out. Maybe I just go back to bed, it's a holiday season anyway. :bulat:

Missing the days when I had no worries whatsoever, when I had my family and everyone around me. I would have been sitting with the old man and listening to his inspiring stories. I'm just a little ape who have strong feet to stand on but still need my parents to hold onto.

mbok jamu
28-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Frustrating. ::arg!:: How difficult it is to find some things in this country. Hence I always refer it as kampung. Indonesia has everything and anything is possible. Looks like I need some changes of plan. Starting your own business is not easy at all.

mbok jamu
29-12-2014, 04:15 PM
What's better than Indonesian pandan cake that just came out of the oven? Nothing. The taste was wonderful, the fragrance was magical and the colour was so natural. I didn't have to use any colour additive, just heaps of pandan leaves, no bitterness whatsoever. My waistline.. o yeah.. I'll work on that.. later.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6AXZu6CEAALAZC.jpg

mbok jamu
31-12-2014, 04:01 PM
My last post. Six hours to go until the new year. My family, my health, my work, my study and my business.
It is going to be one hell of a year! ::hohoho::

JOSERENTCAR
27-06-2016, 12:30 AM
i don't understand what you talking about