Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016

Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Just because one event followed the other doesn’t mean the first caused the second.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Best rest, bored, homesick. Feeling like brain-dead at the moment, maybe I've overdosed myself with too much sleeping. I know what I want to study next but it won't start until September. So that means I have 4 months to get busy with my ice cream and baking but I can't do it until the kitchen design is approved and built! It really pisses me off when nothing gets done. Two freakin years! I have completed my study already, made ice cream for a year already, cut my hair God knows how many times already, travelled to Central Java already. And what have they achieved? They have just completed my kitchen design, in two freakin years, and not even approved by the Council yet! These people would hate me if I called them idiots but if I didn't, nothing would get done!

Headache. I won't get better if I still get the headache. At times like this, I just want to go home to Indonesia. Teaching kids, laughing with them, sharing my knowledge with others, or watching them doing their work, listening to kacapi suling or guzheng.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Finally. Things start to happen. A designer is coming today for an initial site meeting.

A brand. A business plan. A marketing plan. Start-up costing. Emergency management and recovery plan.

Six months.

It's always a nice feeling to inspire people, to see them changing and doing the right thing at the right situation. It took some a year while others a few years to find the creativity but they have started it and that's all I care.

Admiring, being proud of, or being happy for someone else are healthy responses to the good fortune of another—much more so than envy, jealousy, and distain. But living through others is no substitute for living through oneself.

Finally was able to do it today. Didn't feel like I could make it but a little support from hubby made such a big difference. I suddenly got the strength, to get up and even prepare something to break the fast with. Blessed.

What is Taqabballahu minna wa minkum?

I'm sorry I don't speak Arabic. My religion is Islam not Arab. I don't believe to be a Muslim I have to speak Arabic. I ain't Arab, and neither are you. We both can still speak in Indonesian to one another.

Mohon maaf lahir dan batin.

Started Bikram yoga today. The class was heated to 37 degree, man it was hot! The last time I sweated as much was when I did the jungle trekking in Bukit Lawang. Bikram follows 26 postures and focuses on endurance. And apparently I need to embrace the sweat and just let it flow."When you wipe it, you close your pores, and that means your body has to produce that sweat again to cool that area. It’s best just to let it flow." ​Namaste

Missing you two, missing our discussions, missing the laughs, just the three of us.

1 am, still in the kitchen. Total of 70 litres churned and hundreds baked.

75 percent sales target reached while the buns were sold out!

Business number, checked. Trading name, checked. Heaps to go still. Excited. Nervous.

So much to do, I do not know where to start. Also got a phone call for a headhunter today. Kyaaa.. I couldn't imagine if I was still studying now. I would've have pulled my hair out already!

I have managed all the 26 postures of Bikram today. Woohoo. What a feeling.

Ok, back to the business. I have a website to build as well. Hmm..

Let the battle begin!

When it comes to fight the corporatocracy there is no such thing as be a better person. I'm as battle ready as my ancestors. They thought I would just accept it, puh.. I got the CEO's and Ombudsman attention now.

Like my Papi used to say; if you can't change it, accept it. If you can't accept it, change it.

I have changed it. The staff have been called in and talked to one by one. They have been given the dates that they were hoping for. Something that they have been waiting for over a year. They can finally have a closure and move on. It all happened so quickly, flicked by an email. O I'm loving it.

Burning the bridge to light my way out.

MJ 1, Company 0.

Round 2, ding ding ding!

Another email, another slap on their face. I might be leaving but some nose will bleed on my way out.

Someone got slapped on the face, someone got really upset, not even said good morning today.

I'm not going crazy, hubby said, I'm the only one who have the balls.

A court, a judicial process, a formal hearing, the force of law...

Hmm… They want to make me redundant as soon as possible now.

For six months they couldn't care less and now suddenly have a lot of interest in my career change.

They are trying to put me behind.

We shall see.

Just as I was preparing myself, I got two phone calls, a job offer and an interview. Something is trying to stop me, it's not worth the battle and I should just move on. I got the date, I got everyone's date, I've helped others, what else do I want?

Something similar happened about 10 years ago. I chose to walk away then a few months later I was in a much better position. Great manager and excellent salary.

I dunno.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast