Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015

So my flight to Bali has been cancelled due to volcanic ash. Headache. Things get a little bit too much for my wee brain these days. Time for a break. Oh no I can't. The flight has just been cancelled and I might spend this weekend in this stupid ****** country!!!
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

Someone has made the situation got even worse, I feel like ****** killing him right now. Too many idiots around me, can't stand this. I already made it clear what I wanted but they never listened. I already paid for all those tickets and now am going to pay even more because some dickheads thought they knew better!! If I was the Human Torch, I would have generated flames by now and burnt everything around me.
    "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain

^
    i know ur feeling mbok.

a new colleague told me, "hey, why are you always complaining? cheer up man, take it easy."
    and when i show her those idiotS' (plural) job results... she then said, "next year, put shotgun in the budget request. you'll need that"
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego

I'd like to believe that there is no such thing as an idiot. People just didn't understand the assignment but too proud to admit it or too lazy to ask for some explanation. That's when I call a person being an idiot. They don't ask any question coz they don't want to look stupid but they are actually being stupid when they don't ask the question then they get it wrong in the end.

Anyhow, I'm on my way to Bandung now. Time for a break and lovely time with my family and the fooood..

Eid Mubarak!

well, mbok... i'll try to explain with example.

one of the task that i do as a project management officer is registering software development projects.
    we (me and my boss) already stressed it not only once, twice, or thrice... but to the extend of yelling and screaming to 1 person almost every week.

and yet..... he registered another software development project.
    i checked the documentation files and.................... exclaimed "what kind of software development is this????"
    he answered: oh, this is not a software development project, this is a software testing project. i should follow the same regulation right?

PS: he is a MASTER DEGREE student and passed the project management class.
    Last edited by Shaka_RDR; 14-07-2015 at 03:46 PM.
    Space available for Ads.
    PM for nego

The redundancy will be in April. Thank God! Finally I can start planning my next journey.

Never been made redundant before, don't know how to react. Should I be sad or worried?

Mum is enjoying her holiday so far. Considering that it gets as cold as 7 degree in the morning, she is doing very well. But time has passed very quickly, she'll be 75 soon. She starts to forget things so I have to repeat myself a few times. I also need to speak slower and be a bit more patient with her. People grow old and eventually die, I know nothing can stop that. It just feels a bit sad sometimes when you can see it happening to your own parents. Then the questions start, have I done enough, have I achieved what she wanted me to achieve, have I made her a proud parent?

Sydney

I thought I had the patience. I expect a lot out of myself and others so I don't understand when people do unreasonable things. I say looking after parents is harder than looking after children coz you have never been old before. You have been a kid before, kids do silly things like putting stuffs in their mouths so when you see them doing it you kinda like ah.. I remember that! But when parents do silly things, you can only wonder why with a big question mark.
    It is a worry too because you might end up just like them. I don't want to be like Mum. Her world was very tough on her; her entire life was for her husband and kids.
    We are mother and daughter but our lives are so different. I have all the freedom and I fear nothing. She is out of her comfort zone and she is so scared. My poor mother. I wish your world had not been so cruel to you.

There's no need for understanding in this case...just accept it
    Popo Nest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yUGrMt5WbM

Such a beautiful song, makes me want to go home, stay in bed, cuddled.

Part 1
    Not everyone is worth to fight for, not everything is worth to argue over. Sometimes to be the spectator is the best thing to do, let them fight and stab each other. The world aint gonna miss losers.

Part 2
    I cannot be mad, I just feel sorry for those who like to fish in troubled water and accuse me of doing it. Funny how impossible it is for some people to be honest to each other. Are they too scared to live with the consequences afterwards so they prefer to lie to others and themselves? Most people are just too weird. Can't be friends with everyone. I'd rather do what I did best, pick and choose. I mean why not, I pick and choose food that I put in my mouth, I pick and choose when I'm shopping, I pick and choose the music I download. Life is pick n choose.

I feel wiser already.
    Last edited by mbok jamu; 26-10-2015 at 12:01 PM.

I guess I like Synthpop, perhaps because I grew up listening to Duran Duran, Depeche Mode and Pet Shop Boys. New Romanticism, was a reaction to punk and heavily influenced by former glam rock stars of the 1970s such as David Bowie and Roxy Music. When men and women wore eyeliner and lipstick. It didn't bother me at all in fact that was I considered cool in the 80s.
    Last edited by mbok jamu; 06-11-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Meticulous

People who are meticulous can be pretty annoying, what with their extreme attention to detail. But if that person is, say, your surgeon or your accountant, you'll want them to be meticulous.

The Latin root of meticulous is metus, which means "fear", so it's easy to see how eventually meticulous got its meaning. Someone who's meticulous is afraid of what will happen if they're not careful enough to get every detail right. "Detail oriented" and "perfectionist" are other ways of describing someone who cares deeply about the small things and about getting things exactly right, every time. Concert pianists must be meticulous, because audiences are always listening for wrong notes.

If you are meticulous and you enjoy things being neat and tidy or generally aesthetically pleasing, it is most likely a character trait. Potentially could be obsessive compulsive personality disorder (OCPD) which differs from OCD.

OCPD is often confused with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Despite the similar names, they are two distinct disorders - OCD is an anxiety disorder and OCPD is a personality disorder. Some OCPD individuals do have OCD and the two are sometimes found in the same family, sometimes along with eating disorders. People with OCPD do not generally feel the need to repeatedly perform ritualistic actions - a common symptom of OCD - and usually find pleasure in perfecting a task, whereas people with OCD are often more distressed after actions.

So I potentially have OCPD. That explains why I enjoy working with the systems so much, having everything configured perfectly. Even at home no one finds pleasure in cooking, baking, ironing or cleaning as much as I do.
    Last edited by mbok jamu; 07-11-2015 at 10:06 AM.

I said, the GP would contact me. The next day I got a letter from them. I said, lung cancer. The next day he told me his sister has been diagnosed with it.

It's getting creepy. I need to stop this.

Bandung to Pekalongan - Semarang - Solo by train. The plan excites me already.

I do enjoy traveling around Indonesia, tasting the originality, supporting local produce and business, meeting people who are just as happy in their own little world. And I always meet people that make me smile if not giggle. Like the lady who did my nails in Lombok years ago. 'Would your husband take you back to his country?' she asked. I tried so hard not to laugh because perhaps, in her world, the scenario could be very different. Or question like, 'where can I find a husband like yours?' from a young lady in Samosir Island a few years ago. Or a couple of kids who wanted to have their picture taken with hubby coz they never had a white man speaking to them in Bahasa Indonesia before.

And of course having the food that I had before when I was a kid was just priceless. Like Soto Padang that I had by the beach in Padang; it was to die for. Or Soto Medan in Pematang Siantar, it was delish! How could I not be picky with food? How could I not think that Aussie food is not worth living for?

I am so looking forward to this trip.

Just found an idea, a project for me when I retire.

Well I can start it before actually, in fact when I travel to Central Java next year.

“When you're older, you're stuck in your own world and might not open up yourself to a new friend."

At a certain age we just become busy: the demands of work, love, and family can sometimes mean that friendship takes the backseat.

That is so true, I have put friendship at the backseat. I don't have time seeing or talking to my friends anymore. Like today, I just said hi and goobye to them. I could have been more friendly and made people laugh but I just can't be bothered. A friend invited me to a new group, that does not interest me either.

All I have in my head are ideas and plans, and of course, a few jokes. Human interaction? Zilt!

No, I can't force myself. I just find it interesting.
    Last edited by mbok jamu; 28-12-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234