Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014

Kuala Lumpur

At the airport with a cup of coffee and croissant pudding waiting for my flight back home. Sleepy since I only had 3 hours rest this morning. Hungry as I just had a piece of steak for supper last night. The rest was pretty wild, literally. The Malaysians tried to turn Bukit Bintang to New York Times Square but it was mayhem.

I just gave my lighter to the waitress, have not smoked for over 8 hours. I will quit this year, as I promised to Mami.

Gotta finish my coffee and go through the immigration. A girl in front of me just took a picture of her Starbucks coffee. Bloody kampungan.

Good morning mbok jamu,
    have a safe flight mbok..

lol
    yea, bukit bintang can get rowdy on new year's eve
    but nothing like ny times square's new year's eve though

Thanks, @etca

@ndugu
    Nothing like it all. But the food was good and cheap, the firework wasn't bad if you were into it.

Home sweet home

There's no place like home. I don't understand why people run from home or don't get a place called home as soon as they can afford to. The freedom to do whatever you like in your own place, walking around without wearing anything, doing whatever you like doing, being as messy as you want to be. A sanctuary in which people are immune to give a damn about the rest of the world.

Poor hubby trying to keep the place as tidy and clean as possible. It's not easy, man. Especially when you gotta work all day and cook afterwards. Can't imagine those with kids but then again if I got kids, I wouldn't work. I would be a full-time mum as there's no such thing as part-time mum. After all these years Mami finally admitted that she was raised by a part-time mum and that there was no mother and daughter relationship. That explains the No-hugging and kissing with her own kids of which made us part independent and part craving for those cuddles. It balanced you, my full-time mum once claimed. As long as you kids have roof on top of your heads, parents just have to balance everything else to keep that roof up, she continued.

All I know is how to balance my account, my diet and my sleep. Talking about sleep, I can have some right now. In my own bed, the best bed in the whole wide world. Yawn.

It's 37 degree outside. My head is pounding, I think I had too much kripik nangka last night and didn't drink enough water. Extreme conditions continued yesterday, with soaring temperatures in areas extending from Queensland's interior to Central Australia and north-western New South Wales.

37 degree..? wow.. ...

Yup, 37. It's still "cooler" than summer in Qatar which could reach 50 degree at mid day. I remember once I was running late for work, the car park at the basement was already full so I had to park outside. In the afternoon I couldn't touch the door handle to get into the car. Lucky I had a scarf in my bag, so I wrapped my hand with it before I could open the door. It was boiling hot in the inside, the leather around the steering wheel was as soft as human skin.

Living to the extreme!

Another friend's leaving do. It was fun, heaps of finger food, drinks and kids but the concept of throwing a party in a pub at night with toddlers and babies was a bit strange to me.

Anyway, it is sad to let friends go as you get to know them well. It's not easy to find a friend when you keep moving and living in a strange land. But deep down you know someday one of you will say goodbye to the other due to either expired contract or another job offer. Yes there is Facebook to keep in touch but it will never be the same in fact harder as you see them having so much fun in their new adventure. It sucks to be left behind.

I wanna go as well. I have lived here for over 5 years, it's time to go. I wanna go to Canada, I wanna see the bears, I wanna speak French!

I was struggling with the heat. I got headache and couldn't think straight, went to the hairdresser and asked her to chop all my hair off. She was being kind, she gave me a Pixie cut.

I'm loving it and so is everyone at work.

Went back to the gym this morning, a kilo on xtraining and a kilo on rowing. Haven't smoked.

Ways to Stay Calm when Provoked by Argument

By: Darcey Lee

The acid tongue and adrenaline rush that comes along with an argument is sometimes hard to avoid.
    When provoked by an argument it can be difficult to maintain your composure and not participate. Although it may be difficult, there are ways to stay calm.

One of the most important things to remember is to stay focussed, do not let your mind get into the turmoil of the oncoming argument directed your way. Staying focussed on the fact that if you participate, then things will be twice as bad in the end. Not only do you have one person throwing words around like darts but once you step in and add your contribution this will intensify the problem.

Taking a deep breath does help. Inhale and breathe out slowly, this is an automatic way to calm your own nerves that are getting stirred up inside you. Repeat the breathing at minimum three times. This will calm you to an extent if you are surrounded with the chaos of someone provoking an argument.

Taking a walk can definitely help keep you calm. Excusing yourself from the situation and taking a walk, clears the mind and keeps you grounded.

Look at things from a different point of view. When someone is provoking an argument it is also easy to become defensive and want to stand up for yourself. Instead of reacting to a negative emotion, take a look at the person who is arguing with you and realize, this is not your own behaviour. You do not have to lower yourself to the level they are in.
    Most arguments are caused by some kind of fear. As they are throwing their words at you ask yourself, what does this person fear? Let them say what they want or think they have to say, and analyze the situation as they are acting in an unacceptable manner. By focussing on what is causing their fear in order to make them behave this way, this keeps your own thoughts from getting tangled up in the emotions the arguer is causing within you.

If the person provoking the argument in persistent and there is no easy way to excuse yourself from the situation. Do not react and remember in most cases, when you do not feed the fire the fire eventually burns out. Let them carry on, but in your own mind tell yourself you refuse to participate in this and remind yourself this will soon burn out.
    Even though you may be in the presence of someone who is provoking the argument does not mean you have to really be there. By saying this I mean, picture something else in your mind that brings you joy as the person is ranting and raving. Separate yourself emotionally and do not let the feelings start to boil. As soon as you feel the adrenaline taking over, just push your mind back to the thoughts that make you happy.

Action causes reaction. When there is no action there is no reaction. It is best to just let the person vent out whatever they feel the need to argue about and keep yourself separated mentally as best as possible.

Everything eventually comes to pass.

It's official. I cannot start the beauty therapy study as I have signed training contract with the company. Now I have a year to complete the training.

Some people are just dumb. Period.

So I have started studying. Passed the first 3 assessments, achieved 100% score as required. But the 4th one, man.. it's hard. I need some research and a weekend to do it. Sigh. And this is just the first module. Life is hard!

O I feel fat. My current BMI is 23 and according to the waist measurement my health is at high risk. It has been months since my last training and I don't take the dogs for a walk anymore. I've been lazy, I've been feeling sick to my stomach. It hasn't been easy since Papi passed away and is getting harder since my brother got very ill. But mum and sisters see me for strengths not knowing that I am feeling weaker everyday. I gotta do something, don't I? Wake up early in the morning and take the pooches for a walk again? I've gone back to the gym a few times already but it was so boring.

Should I try the 10 minutes jump rope? They said jump rope can be a great cardio exercise if you know how to jump rope properly. Not only does jumping rope help you burn a ton of calories and improve your speed and quickness, it’s also cheap and you can do it just about anywhere.

Damn you, Sara Solomon! You make it look so easy.

I think I'll start with this one first.

I haven't bought the jump rope yet but am committed to lose weight. I'm going to create a monthly healthy meal plan as it will also save my time at the end of the day.

Just found an article of a woman who lost almost 10 kilos in 2 months just by exercising and eating well. C'est possible, alors!

OK. Hubby likes the idea of healthy meal plan but is not quite ready yet to be a vegetarian. Still likes his lamb and beef. Will start the plan with these 14 tasty recipes; add more veggies and eat less portions.

Chicken Teriyaki w/Pickled Vegetable
    Chicken Stir Fry w/Vegetable
    Mi Ayam w/Vegetable Soup
    Seared Lamb w/Roast Capsicum & Chickpea Salad
    Grilled Beef Salad w/Horseradish Dressing
    Beef Lok Luc w/Lettuce & Tomatoes
    Pasta w/Smoked Salmon & Sour Cream
    Char Mee Gatung - Stir Fry Flat Rice Noodles
    Prawn Salad w/Orange & Avocado
    Eggs Benedict w/Smoked Salmon
    Omelette w/Garden Salad
    Mee Char Vegetarian Noodles
    Broad Bean & Fetta Toasts
    Mixed Vegetable & Tomato Quiche

Gotta find another 14.

Let the plan begin today at starting weight 56.4kg.

Didn't have time for grocery shopping so had to cook with the leftover. I made my first pizza ever, with tomato sauce, mushrooms, feta cheese and basil as toppings with sprinkle of parmesan. It was yummy and hubby loved it.

To all pizza lovers out there, start making your own. It's so easy and tasty!

The meal plan is working well. No time is wasted anymore looking inside the fridge trying to figure out what to cook for dinner.
    Half a kilo has gone and the pooches are happy coz I take them for walkies again!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast