Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014

@mbok jamu

Thanks for encouraging me let me learn from you. He2.

Yes, the surgeon is there because he's a fan of Connoly. However, one of my friend, who's a doctor, once told me, that being a doctor, is not supposed to be attached to the patients. Let say, if they have to cure they best friend for an incurable disease, they'll do their best to save the friend. But, if someday, an enemy walk in, a good doctor is still have to save that person. Being not too attached to the patient will also help, if they lost their patient. It will be less traumatic, and they can move on, and help another person.

Sounds easier to say than to practice it He2, I feel that the surgeon is not coincidentally met his idol. He met Connoly so he could help him. But if that day the surgeon only reacted as a fans, he probably not even notice that his own idol is sick. It's like a teacher who meet a student everyday, not even noticed that the student is being bullied by another student.

Just like any profession in the world, a good doctor, a bad one. A good lawyer, a bad one. There's the other side of coin, just like @serendipity mentioned above.

I'm glad to know you're healthy. [MENTION=1220]mbok jamu[/MENTION]. Leave the cigarette behind forever and you'll feel good about your body. He2.
    Last edited by Hotelier; 14-03-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."
    2 Corinthians 5:17

O yeah.. I haven't smoked for a couple of months now. It's easier this time as hubby also wanted to quit although I do miss the morning rituals with my coffee and in the evenings after dinner. Hubby said we can smoke again when we are old and grey in our 70s as we'll have nothing to lose. Something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by mbok jamu View Post
    O yeah.. I haven't smoked for a couple of months now. It's easier this time as hubby also wanted to quit although I do miss the morning rituals with my coffee and in the evenings after dinner. Hubby said we can smoke again when we are old and grey in our 70s as we'll have nothing to lose. Something to look forward to.
    congrat's... keep up the good work... ...

It's raining outside. Love it, love the smell of rain drops touching the ground, love the water on trees, plants and lawns. When it was raining in the afternoons, I used to sit on the veranda with my book while the rest of the family were enjoying the nap. Pap would normally fall asleep on the sofa, while Mum snuggled up in bed with her sarung. It felt so peaceful and I knew everything would be just fine. But there are things that I can't keep nor change no matter how hard I tried. Nor can I replace it with something else. Like Mum with her own memory and life to live and I'm not in any of it. She didn't mean to make her daughter feeling any less worthy, she just can't replace with him with anybody else. I can't compete, I will be exhausted. Trying to catch your heart is like trying to catch a star. All I can do is to be there if she needs me.

Gosh.. I love cooking, I love baking, I love eating! Just made Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble, hubby loved it, I liked it too. Argh.. I'm afraid I'm putting on weight again.

When I have nothing to do all I can think about is baking and more baking. Chocolate Molten looks really tempting now..

Ingredients

1. 125g unsalted butter
    2. 150g dark chocolate (70%25 Cocoa), chopped
    3. 2 eggs
    4. 2 egg yolks
    5. 90g caster sugar
    6. 2 tsp vanilla extract
    7. 35g self-raising flour

Hazelnut Biscuit Crumb

1. 125g cold unsalted butter, chopped
    2. 150g plain flour
    3. 1 tbs sugar
    4. 150g hazelnuts, skin on, chopped coarsely

Espresso Syrup

1. 125ml water
    2. 110g caster sugar
    3. 2 tbs coffee granules

Toffee

1. 125ml water
    2. 110g caster sugar

Mascarpone Cream

1. 250g mascarpone
    2. 1 tbs icing sugar
    3. 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
    4. 1 tsp vanilla extract

Method

1. Preheat oven to 220C. Grease four ramekins. Line bases with baking paper.
    2. To make biscuit crumb, rub butter into flour and sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in hazelnuts. Place on an oven tray in a single layer.
    3. Bake for about 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool completely.
    4. To make espresso syrup, stir sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer until thickened and syrup like. Stir in coffee until dissolved. Cool.
    5. To make toffee, line an oven tray with baking paper. Sir sugar and water in a medium heavy based saucepan over medium heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Use a wet pastry brush to brush any stray grains on side of pan back down into mixture. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, without stirring, until mixture begins to turn light golden brown. Pour onto tray in a thing layer. Once set, break into shards.
    6. To make mascarpone cream, whisk all ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
    7. Reduce oven to 190C.
    8. To make cake, stir butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat until melted and combined.
    9. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, yolks, caster and extract until thick and creamy. Stir in chocolate mixture. Fold in flour. Divide mixture among prepared dishes.
    10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from oven and stand 2 minutes. Invert cakes onto a board and place on serving plates.
    11. Serve cakes with hazelnut crumb, syrup, cream and toffee shards.

[MENTION=130]Porcelain Doll[/MENTION]

Tips, please..

Last edited by mbok jamu; 24-03-2014 at 07:03 PM.

well, mbok..baking a molten cake is a bit tricky actually
    i was not very successful myself the last time i made it with nutella filling (plus too sweet)
    might try your recipe later

the tips is not to make the filling over baked
    time for baking could be different depending each oven
    just cook it until cake is not jiggly
    Popo Nest

Thank you, Popo

I got the recipe from My Kitchen Rules, a cooking game show on tv here (it's like MasterChef but with 2 contestants in each team cooking at home). I've never made chocolate molten before as I'm not really a chocolate-cake big fan but with the hazelnuts and mascarpone cream?? Yum..

I'll try it this weekend, wish me luck!

I recommend Laura Vitale's recipes. Her recipes works wonders even with my mediocre cooking skill

do share us the recipe, Hai Lee..
    Popo Nest

For popo,
    http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/all/recipes.php

look around, my personal favorite is her fudgy brownies recipe. remember to reduce the amount of sugar to your liking if you don't like sweet. I find that her recipes are less sweet than common ones. She and her husband have vlog channel as well. Quite an entertainment watching them.

Some people really need their @rses kicked. Seriously. Look at yourself, what do you got that you expect so much from others. Tosser.

My next holiday

wow...where is it, mbok?
    Popo Nest

That is in Normandy, North Western France; where the Battle of Normandy took place, where William de Conqueror was born and the home of The Impressionists such as Monet.

Some argue that cooking Indonesian dishes is complicated and takes time, while others admit that they have limited knowledge of dishes’ various condiments. Today I committed myself to making Soto Betawi and I did it. Made it from scratch, blending all the spices, cooking it with homemade beef stock (yes, I made the stock myself) and finally mixing in the coconut milk. With celery, tomatoes and some emping crackers, when hubby had his seconds, he said it was gurih!

I surprised myself sometimes. Or is it because I made it with love?

Last edited by mbok jamu; 04-05-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Some argue that cooking Indonesian dishes is complicated and takes time...
    Soto betawi ? Heh.
    I rise you up with Karedok, Nasi Pecel and Ketoprak.
    If all ingredients in hand... 15-30 minutes from scratch to ready to serve. Sometimes even to 'Done eating, I am full'.
    Heck, I even manage to make an 'Emergency Mie Kangkung' in 20 minutes.

Indonesian cuisine is complex ? ... Meh, ALL cuisine is complex. If you want them to be.
    A proud SpaceBattler now.

Talking about Ketoprak, once upon a time I had a special guest coming to my place. For some reason, I wanted to make something with veggies and peanut sauce but didn't quite like the idea of pecel or gado-gado so I decided to make Ketoprak instead. When the guest had his second serving of the Ketoprak, he told me that he was Betokaw, and I cured his homesickness.

I take time cooking coz I enjoy it. For me it's not about the process, it's about the result; and it's gotta be flawless. The taste, the texture, the look of it coz I ain't eating anything that looks like cat food. Even boiled rice, it has to be pulen. It shouldn't be smelly, coloured or mushy.

Of course you can make Mie Kangkung in 20min, if you use Maggie stock cubes.

Even boiled rice, it has to be pulen. It shouldn't be smelly, coloured or mushy.
    I actually don't like my rice pulen. Prefer it in more pera condition, or in the tongue of my people, karau.
    Which is in absolute best taste if one can get their hands on a sack of Karang Dukuh grains. Which, as recall, can only be grown on my birthplace swampy grounds.

But, have to defer to the majority voice of my mitbewohner friends, which strongly object to the karau-ness of the rice I cooked.

Of course you can make Mie Kangkung in 20min, if you use Maggie stock cubes.
    Maggie stock cubes ? pfffttt...

Even worse, i used Indomie goreng. All of it, seasonings and dehydrated noodles.
    And not even using kangkung. Since it won't be cheap, even for just one bundle. Not to mention hard to find.
    So, I was using jungen spinat instead of kangkung.... Hence the 'emergency' part from 'Emergency Mie Kangkung'.
    A proud SpaceBattler now.

Pera when the rice is a bit dry, the best one to make nasi goreng, isn't it?

Have you tried growing your own kangkung? Or is it too cold to grow it there?

i ate karau, very hard rice when i was in kotawaringin barat, kalbar. not my favourite
    ...bersama kesusahan ada kemudahan...

“Aku Rela di Penjara asalkan bersama buku, karena dengan buku aku bebas.” ― -Mohammad Hatta
    “Aku Rela di Penjara asalkan bersama akses internet, karena dengan internet aku bebas.” ― -cha_n

My Little Journey to India

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast